Challenge #950 "A Giant Toy" (03/09/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #950 for Friday 3rd of September 2021 is:

A Giant Toy

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 6, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Giant

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Nope, not big enough, must be bigger. Maybe like planetsized floating between galaxies.

2 Likes

“Mr. Potato Head”
non-competing

Eevee

5 Likes

Giant dildo it is then.

Title: Buzz is coming to town.
Category: Open
Cycle x 256 samples with denoise

12 Likes

SpaceDuck I
Pure, cycles 512 samples, rendertime ~5 min., opendenoised, composition, all made in blender except the textures for the duck painted in gimp, used nodes for the rest

Mixed gas simulation in it, but i cant get a bow wave working :expressionless:

Previous

6 Likes

Planetary Fitness

Pure entry, 500 samples.

5 Likes

"Little Man"

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 adaptive samples + OpenImageDenoise), Blender 2.93

10 Likes

Rich Man’s Toy

Non-competing

Cycles, 1500 samples, Optix denoiser, PaintShop Pro for border, added noise and color correction

5 Likes

A Giant Toy

Pure - Blender 2.93 - Cycles
Sky texture used for world

4 Likes

pure entry eevee.

the final countdown

(pure sky for the world shader)

6 Likes

Dont know the name anymore,
but liked the tv series as a kid.

Found it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Care_Bears

1 Like

I chose this topic because I was curious how people would convey the scale, but “make a rubber duck into a giant space ship” was not something I expected! I love it! :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks,
funny theme, funny result. :slight_smile:

I guess i came on it cause i read a lot of Perry Rhodan books. :smiley:

FigetGalaxy

Non Competing paintshop just for fun.

Astronomers discover dark spinners responsible for galaxy shapes.

5 Likes

one of many cartoons from my childhood

The Giant Toy

Open: Remote in foreground exported asset from StormWorks: Build and Rescue. The Craft was made by me in StormWorks: Build and Rescue and exported to Blender where it was cleaned and posed for motion blur.

Cycles render, 64 samples, OpenImage denoising, Blender compositing.

Concept (Warning: possibly TMI)

“Strange, isn’t it, that warfare has come down to fencing with complicated toys that only a few seedy scholars can make or understand.”— Herman Wouk

Hi everyone… Ironically got covid symptoms on the day my gov announced vax registration for my age-group. Been playing Stormworks a lot while recovering from long covid to keep my nervous system stimulated as that took quite a knock…
There is a “Weapons DLC” coming out soon for this game… a game which has been predominantly about building cool things and performing search and rescue operations. I feel like this image represents my mixed feelings about the turnaround from rescue to war. On the one had looking forward to the flashy explosions, but on the other wary of the real world “inspirations”.

P.S. Thankful to be mostly recovered from covid and alive - and my thoughts go out to others still recovering, it can be rough.

6 Likes

@zeroskilz Glad to hear that you are better/fine, now. This is a depressing situation. Let’s just hope that things will get back to normal soon.

2 Likes

Look at that giant list of entries: :wink:

Just saw your concept story. Glad you are hopefully over the worst.

Hope you feel 100% soon.

1 Like