Challenge #952 "Holiday on the moon" (17/09/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #952 for Friday 17th of September 2021 is:

Holiday on the moon

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 20, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Monkey In The Moon

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suppose the “null” on the title is a bug on a script? Although it got the theme right on the post…

I guess programming languages just use moon-logic sometimes. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! It should be fine, now. I guess the script doesn’t work all that well in vacuum.
(Or, I shouldn’t have stayed up late in order to watch the Inspiration 4 launch last night.)

Another trip, as always
Pure, cycles 1024 samples, rendertime ~3min., opendenoiser, smoke sim, motion blur and defocus, ripped some textures from product pictures for the waste and used an earth picture, the signs painted in gimp, the rest is made in blender.

10 Likes

Lunar Holiday

Anticipating a busy weekend, I opted to create another open entry: 1000 samples. The sun and the stars are from the recent On the Horizon :: Hot Surface (franciscocharrua.com), the earth is from the even more recent A Giant Toy :: Planetary Fitness (franciscocharrua.com). The moon is new geometry shaded by the material used on the moon from Organized Chaos :: Astronomical (franciscocharrua.com). To get the non celestial objects in the scene, I had to travel way back in time to City of the Future :: Circular Fields (franciscocharrua.com) and Steampunk :: Rebel (franciscocharrua.com). My titles are usually replies to the theme: This week it’s more of a restating.

7 Likes

Moon Trip
pure cartoon

other versions

cycles

eevee

2 Likes

I have just spent days creating an image based on the title “Null”. So here it is regardless.

Title “Null and void at The Crossroads”

It would have been Open. Maybe another time. My thought for holiday on the Moon would be a space man realising he can’t get to the drink with a straw in it through his helmet.

1 Like

Sorry about that. Of course, I’ll still add the ‘NUll’-entries to the voting list. I guess, we will just have two themes, this week. Just pick whichever you like better.

No problem, I do this for the challenge and enjoyment of modelling to a theme, not the glory of a win. Thank you for allowing it into the competition.

1 Like

“Moon Pool Mood”

non competing (pure), Cycles (256 adaptive samples + NLM denoising), Blender 2.93.4

14 Likes

Moon drone

non-competing, pure, evee.

2 Likes

“Moon Shelter Guests”
pure, 256 samples, NLM, everything modeled, few textures and pictures downloaded.

Story:
“Holiday on the moon” without shelter will probably kill everyone in few days. Moon is not “shielded” like Earth, so direct sun radiation and temperature jumps will be very dangerous. So for a Holiday, a shelter will be needed. Safe will be going outside just for “moon nights”, protected from direct Sun. Moon has no atmosphere, so the view from the Moon into the Space must be crystal clear. So the “party time” will be going on somewhere under the surface. In Caves, Craters, there are also Lava tunnels bigger than some cities on Earth. So when the sun comes up, the “Moon party” goes down. And that is my scene going for.

6 Likes

Hello,
OPEN entry “Holiday on Europa
Cycles 600/80/8s. Jupiter, Io(top right corner), Europa and Ganymede(next to the antenna) and its distances are to the scale where 1 blender unit is 100000km. Entry is open because i have used antenna resource from NASA site and made humans with makehuman software. Unfortunatelly it is very noisy but i have no more to time to render it in better quality. Denoiser was making all plants blurred so i was forced to disable it. And there is no way to use light groups instead rendering multiple scenes ;(

7 Likes

Title: Fly Me To The Moon

Pure

I spent 3 days on this project, here is the result. Initially, I planned to do a post-apocalyptic version of this scene, but I don’t think I would have made it in time.
I modeled everything myself.
I also made the billboard as a separate scene in Blender, only the subtitles and gradient were added in Inkscape.

Textures:
https://ambientcg.com/ :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

the textures of the earth and the milky way from:
https://www.solarsystemscope.com/textures/ - I recommend beautiful detailed textures. :star_struck:

10 Likes

I made a little animation.

5 Likes

“Low G Vacation”

Non competing.

Pure Cycles

9 Likes

is the challenge already closed?

If it says entries closed on the title of this chat thing then the entries are closed. However, it says entries open right now. Also I like your smoker profile pic

Symbolic Gesture

Non-competing

Cycles, 2000 samples, denoiser, background star field, moon and Earth texture images from NASA, image vignette, god ray and color filtered post processed with Paintshop Pro

Great theme! Thank you for selecting. Had a couple of hours so threw something quick together. As someone mentioned earlier, there are no straw holes typically built-in a space suite so completely a symbolic gesture of toasting to the Earth and wishing the world a better tomorrow. So a personal toast, wishing everyone a great day and an even better tomorrow.

8 Likes

love this! made me smile as soon as i saw it

1 Like