Challenge #952 "Holiday on the moon" Voting CLOSED

This week’s theme: Holiday on the moon
(and ‘Null’, which was accidentally displayed in the threads title for a few hours.)

Which entry would you like to see win?
(If you cannot decide, pick up to 3.)

• rigoletto
  • Boder
  • jozef_Kubica
  • Wilku84
  • iderdown
  • Graphite
  • GreenRuke
  • zeroskilz
  • fcharr
  • 2Rock
  • 3dnotguru
  • HazelQ

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Sep 22, 2021 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

rigoletto: Another trip, as always

Boder: Moon Trip

jozef_Kubica: Moon Shelter Guests

Wilku84: Fly Me To The Moon

iderdown: moon motel

Graphite: vacation on the moon

GreenRuke: Holiday on the moon

zeroskilz: …one small step for a Gribzlog…

Open Entries

fcharr: Lunar Holiday

(Anticipating a busy weekend, I opted to create another open entry: 1000 samples. The sun and the stars are from the recent On the Horizon :: Hot Surface (franciscocharrua.com), the earth is from the even more recent A Giant Toy :: Planetary Fitness (franciscocharrua.com). The moon is new geometry shaded by the material used on the moon from Organized Chaos :: Astronomical (franciscocharrua.com). To get the non celestial objects in the scene, I had to travel way back in time to City of the Future :: Circular Fields (franciscocharrua.com) and Steampunk :: Rebel (franciscocharrua.com). My titles are usually replies to the theme: This week it’s more of a restating.)

2Rock: Null and void at The Crossroads

3dnotguru: Holiday on Europa

(Entry is open because i have used antenna resource from NASA site and made humans with makehuman software.)

HazelQ: Moon UFO

(Open - Earth and Moon textures are from NASA, and I built most of the scene before the start of the contest. All I made this weekend was the camera move, the star field, and the UFO.)

Non-competing Entries

Helge: Moon Pool Mood

object: Moon drone

david.speer: Low G Vacation

OLG: Symbolic Gesture

xDANZILLAx: Final

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 952 with votes from 60% of the voters is… Wilku84!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Fly Me To The Moon

3 Likes

congrats @Wilku84! I look forward to working on the theme you come up with :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Wilku84, congrats on the win!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind words :slight_smile: Thank you for all votes and participants for the nice competition. It is a great pleasure for me. Best wishes :blush: :wink:

“Last one there’s a dung beetle!” This way =>

1 Like