Challenge #953 "Welcome to the concrete jungle!" (24/09/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #953 for Friday 24th of September 2021 is:

Welcome to the concrete jungle!

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 27, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: colorless

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Termitnator 2: Jungle Day
Open, cycles 512 samples, rendertime ~6min., opendenoiser, used compositor with glare and sunbeam, all made in blender, reused my ant model, spent so much time with the bike, to lazy for a new ant, there are so much which can improved, but i guess its a finish

First idea was the same scene with an ant with an spear and tiger shorts, but then the L.A. river reminds me of an old movie, even if it was another bridge and part of the river.

Did a little sculpting. What’s an hero without an enemy. :smiley:

Previous

9 Likes

Yay, another ant! I almost wanted to correct your spelling of “terminator” :sweat_smile: Wow, can’t believe you modeled the bike – nice.

Ants are nice an easy to use, just one or two props like sunglasses and a shotgun and you mostly know what it should be. :smiley:

The bike is quite low poly but looks nice with the lightning.
little_jungle_big_jungle8.blend (800.0 KB)

2 Likes

Haha, you’re being modest. It looks great. That’s interesting you modeled the sun as a sphere to me. I guess that way you dont have to align it to the camera.

1 Like

Title: Running free in the jungle

Pure

9 Likes

It’s reminds ‘C’ in “ANTZ” movie :heart:

Sounds like a Zen Koan. I’m gonna have to meditate on this.
I have the answer: Half a Hero

"You Ain’t No Wood"

non competing (pure), Cycles (512 adaptive samples), Blender 2.93.4

10 Likes

Default Housing

Pure entry 1000 samples.

5 Likes

That is such an nice interpretation. :100:

Welcome to the concrete jungle!

Pure - Blender 2.93 - Cycles

3 Likes

“Welcome to the concrete jungle! - Busy Monday morning”

Non competing (pure) 1000 samples with NLM denoising.

According to the regulations, I cannot take part in the competition this week, but I would also like to add something from myself because I like the topic very much.
Of course, according to the rules, everything is modeled, textured from Friday evening.
I used a blender and a gimp to paint a few points of steam.

13 Likes

Very nice :slight_smile: I really like your clouds!

1 Like

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@GreenRuke @fcharr Thank you, i’m glad you like it :wink:

Seriously you modeled and textured all that? How many vertices, how many unique models, how many image textures did you use?

“King of every jungle…”

Pure, 500 samples, Denoiser,

3 Likes

Seriously, I did everything in these 2 days.
As I pack textures in .blend, it shows there are 34 textures.
Contrary to appearances, the models are very simple. For the roofs, I made a particle system consisting of a few simple elements. The trees are ordinary planes. Cars are also simple models that contain light material. I added a simple animation to the cars to get a blur effect on a long shutter later.
Building models, also planes subdivisions and extrude with some proportional editing trick.
So this is how I managed to do it all in 2 days :slight_smile:

More numbers you asked for will be in the screenshot. Regards

Thanks for sharing some “behind the scenes”. You know some good tricks. That many vertices may crash my computer though :slightly_smiling_face:. If you wanted to try saving a .blend without any textures packed, I’d be curious how many megabytes that is. You don’t have to post it to a public forum, you can just message me.