Challenge #957 "Network" (22/10/21) Entries CLOSED

Put your desktop on the screen :slight_smile:

1 Like

A network of cracks in lava. Open - the horse statue is from polyhaven.com and the fairy lights are the same ones I made for my lampshades scene a while ago. I wanted to use the horse for testing shaders, then I saw the topic for this weekend and was inspired to do cracked lava.

10 Likes

Title: Network Movement

Pure
Cycles,1000 samples, Optix denoiser

6 Likes

Whoah you recreated my scene so quick! Haha. Thanks for the Idea. I definitely need to explore more ideas. I think that may have communicated the idea better than my final product, haha.

1 Like

It became something different. It now hangs on the wall.

Network Cube Room
pure

3 Likes

Neural

Pure - Abstract experiment using Sapling for dendrites, a mess of geometry-nodes, displacement modifiers and particles… Cycles, 128 Samples , Optix-Denoise. Compositing in Blender.

Nice work everyone :+1:

3 Likes

Virus on the network
Non competing.
Pure

1 Like

“Pipes”

non competing (open), Cycles, Blender 2.93
I got a few procedural metals from Blend Swap (#1, #2)

5 Likes

OH man, that looks like so much fun to build.

Oh look! Another node in the network:

Nice idea, a dataleak would be beautiful where water drips out :smiley:

1 Like

It was definitely fun to build in Blender, although somewhat tedious to place all the pipe parts. Originally I intended to make a python script to place the parts, but in the end it was quicker to generate a pattern of tiles using an online tool (Wang tile generator, choose pipe1 at the 2-edge drop-down menu) and manually placing the pipe parts according to that pattern, and finally adding a few valves and gauges.

1 Like