Challenge #959 "Conspicuous Disguise" (05/11/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #959 for Friday 5th of November 2021 is:

Conspicuous Disguise

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Nov 8, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Invisible Bug

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hm, what should this mean? Something like a wolf, who costumed himself as an wolf, you see it is an costume and dont think it is an wolf, cause he costumed like one, an than he breach into a bulk of little tasty sheep’s???

Additional hint from @zeroskilz: “Trying to look like something else, but it is obviously not working.”

(But as always, the theme is open for interpretation.)

They do this well with old cartoons. Like All Dogs go to Heaven.
https://www.deviantart.com/arvin-sweetiepupfan/art/All-Dogs-go-to-Heaven-totem-trench-781105199

The Urban Chameleon is a wild animal adapted to urban life. It can change color and shape to blend with its surroundings.

I did this a decade ago with trueSpace. My first CG item put into a photo. Non competing of course.

10 Likes

wait, is that supposed to be him?

Pure evee

8 Likes

Here, I fixed your verbage, put the . where it belongs ;p

“The Urban Chameleon is a wild animal adapted to urban life. It can change color and shape to .blend with its surroundings.”

well, I guess .blend isnt entirely accurate lol

1 Like

First thing I thought to do.

Title: I’m not the default cube, honest

9 Likes

DJ Monkey!

I was trying to think of a real-world “conspicuous disguise”, like Marshmallow, Deadmaus, or Daft Punk, artists who hide their identity behind a mask. But obviously I had to use Suzanne! :slight_smile:

Open - characters are from Mixamo. Most of the work was on composition, lighting, camera movement, and the abstract shader for the screen.

Probably won’t have time to add sound to this, but might upload an improved version tomorrow.

7 Likes

Hello fellow human

2 Likes

Ah man, that takes me back. I was always amazed at the quality of trueSpace renders, the holdout of trueSpace artists still using it and posting on the forums was incredible right until they officially discontinued it. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Title: Maskerade

Calling this one Open because the eyes and teeth were appended from previous projects.
Going for a Venitian Maskerade look.

11 Likes

“Spider Plant”

non competing (pure), Cycles (256 adaptive samples + denoising), Blender 2.93.5

8 Likes

Conspicuous Disguise

Pure - Blender - Cycles

1 Like

Funnyman

Open entry 1000 samples. The models were taken from a previous entries.

3 Likes

One ticket for freddy, please
Pure, cycles 1024 sampled, open denoiser, rendertime ~10min., all made in blender, the texture are painted in gimp, also the meshup for the poster, i used the movie posters from blender studio and a freddy movie poster. Also a freddy texture for the card board in the background.

I tried to add a nose and reading glasses, to give a looking over the edge of the glasses, but the nose dont work.

Previous

11 Likes

Seeing as how the eyes are barely visible and the teeth aren’t at all, I would say that makes your image pure. But that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Chickens First
pure

7 Likes

Pure. cycles.
My main aim was to sit down and actually learn how to sculpt. So this is pretty much my first attempt at sculpting… Kinda turned out looking like manger scene figurines. I ran out of time to make a scene or finish the actual guys.

This is Thomson and Thompson, Police detectives. They are from the Tintin comics. They would often don terrible disguises that made them look more conspicuous than otherwise.

10 Likes

Thanks for the comment but I like to be clear. The teeth could have been visible as I had not decided on a pose or expression when creating the head and shoulers.

:wink:

2 Likes