Challenge #962 "Alfred Hitchcock" (26/11/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #962 for Friday 26th of November 2021 is:

Alfred Hitchcock

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Nov 29, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Suspense

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some inspiration:

Take a look here, you wont regret (dont miss his qoutes):

1 Like

Non-competing

pure blender only the screenshot was taken by me with the help of linux.

Title:
“psycho”

have fun everybody :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im sorry if I misunderstand, but isn’t that a straight screen capture of a scene from Psycho? I hope I don’t come across as rude or anything, I am just curious about the entry :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Calling For You
Phone based on the one used in Dial M for Murder
Pure entry, modeled directly in blender, the label was writen in Krita.

5 Likes

Psycho
No entry, eevee
Can you spot all Alfred Hitchcock?

4 Likes

“Directing Birds”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 adaptive samples), Blender 2.93.6

10 Likes

Hitchcock Intro.

Open

details

An imaginary intro for Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Hitchcock references or styles are the famous outline silhouette, which I modeled in Blender, Hitchcock zoom, a bird, spooky buildings, 4:3 television ratio, black and white, 24 fps, and some film grain.

I had already devised a way to do a Hitchcock zoom (dolly zoom, zolly) in Blender so I used it in this video.
Dolly Zoom with no Math, Add Ons, or Scripts

Rendered with Eevee.

Blender 2.93
HitFilm Express 17
Davinci Resolve 17

Little Bird model:
By: Zuendholz
CC-0

Urban/City Street models:
By: Evolix777
CC-BY

Funeral March of a Marionette
By: Charles Gounod, performed by Michael Duran
From: https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14333934
Public Domain

4 Likes

Alfred Hitchcock

Pure - Blender - cycles

A hard topic :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The Twilight Zone

I was thinking of modeling an Alfred Hitchcock head or putting one of my girl models in the shower and making her scream. Then I realized this week was black Friday, and that I don’t know how to make people look wet. So, pure entry, 500 samples.

note: I realize the twilight zone is not a Hitchcock creation. somehow, I ended up with it in my search results. I’m sticking to it though, black friday is making work a living hell…

1 Like

Birds

Pure - Cycles, 1024 samples.

5 Likes

pure cycles…

6 Likes

I see the birds are shitting back. Maybe they are directing their own movie, which explains why they’re shitting on the director’s chair.

2 Likes

Coffee (& worms) break

A rare “Behind the Scenes” photo was taken in 1961 while filming “The Birds” in Front of the stages. Director Alfred Hitchcock, the two leading actors Tipi Hedren and Rod Taylor and some of the birds were taking a break.

pure / cycles - all done in blender (with the exception of the two photos of the sky)

My first entry. I hope i did all correct corresponding to the rules of the challenge :slight_smile:

8 Likes

“vertigo” - Open
used blender for everything except the Hitchcock drawing, that I used Krita for.

(youtube link in case the video upload doesn’t work)
I wanted to use greasy pencil, but was running out of time. I was going to add crows, but then I remembered I barely had an hour left :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Probably a strange horror movie called “The Humans” in which humans are showing up in large numbers and start attacking birds for no apparent reason. Hm… maybe it’s more of a documentary after all.

2 Likes

Wow, now i knew how Teddy feel as he came to Bob´s Burger and there was no “Burger of the Day”.
:smiley:

I really like the idea of the small chairs for the bird-actors :rofl: and the chair for Hitchcock is kind of oversized? How did you made the overstretched cotton?

Did you model all birds individually in 3D? :astonished:

With the Cloth-physics Thomas. I showed you last week. I’ll Bring my laptop next week when im back at work :slight_smile:

1 Like