Challenge #963 "Balance" (03/12/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #963 for Friday 3rd of December 2021 is:

Balance

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 6, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Still Standing

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kinetic Movement

Non-competing

Eevee, 128 samples, filmic, driver driven animations - Pure

The first thing that came to mind was the fine balance that is needed for kinetic sculptures to move cleanly and efficiently. Got me back into using drivers.

The model is supposed to be chain driven counter spin movement with coil spring power source.

kinetic sculpture vignette v02

9 Likes

non-competing

Libra

Cycles with Quixel rocks, own picture for background.

11 Likes

All non-competing. what happens if no one enter a challenge? I’m busy so no entry for me this time.

OLG, that’s hypnotizing. rr0masd1n1, amazing realism, like a photo. The rock positions look like the rocks are balanced except the left (picture left) hand.

1 Like

Thanks @Splododyne! My idea was to play around with photo realism and an imposible equilibrium in this kind of humanoid form.

No idea what happens with the challenge if no one submit anything.

I am not submitting anything because I’ve proposed the theme.

Cheers.

Maybe the topic is too “abstract”?

The first thing that came to mind were stacked stones :slight_smile: and then maybe a slack liner or something like that. But beyond that, I didn’t have a good idea.

“Stereo”

non competing (open: reused a head from “#880 Organized Chaos”), Cycles (256 samples + denoising), Blender 3.0

6 Likes

Money or Life
Open, cycles 512 samples, optix denoised, rendertime ~3min., all made in blender, the textures painted in gimp, used wallstreet journal textures and the texture for the clothes, $ and :heart: are from dejavu font. Used glare with cryptomatte for just let some sparkling on the right side. I mean the right side, not the wrong side :smiley: .
Would like to add a anime Heroine standing on the right wooden bar holding a big flag with “To gether” on it, and one or to grapples are thrown up to the right pan showing support is coming to give more weight.

Burn, Baby Burn >Insert devil face with trident here<

Previous

11 Likes

soul weight

Pure

8 Likes

Balance

Blender - Pure - Cycles

4 Likes

Relaxing Forces

Pure
Blender 3.0
Isometric Style

6 Likes

Heaven in Hell

Open entry, 1000 samples

2 Likes

Looks like someone else was thinking along similar lines. Just playing around with procedural stone and sand textures. pure.

7 Likes

“Which Fruit Flavor?”

Open
For the sugared gums I followed the geometry nodes tutorial of Blender Guru: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52UYqe3zdxQ
The apple material is from a tutorial of Blender Daily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGHF5rCrWCI

4 Likes

non-competing

Balance

Pure, 1024 samples. Literal idea around the theme.

7 Likes

“Life is like riding a bicycle. You must keep moving to maintain the balance.” (Albert Einstein)

Let’s move over here:

2 Likes