Challenge #967 "2022: Welcome to Mars" (31/12/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #967 for Friday 31th of December 2021 is:

2022: Welcome to Mars

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 3, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Pale Red Dot

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

2022: Welcome to Mars

Imagine a world that has been conquered since 2000 and is now ready for the first settlers or one to which there is now a race like back then to the moon. A Mars that has been turned into a vacation spot or a colonization project? Or is it just a film project and the set of a film shoot? Your decision and imagination. I hope you enjoy this topic at the start of 2022 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Neat theme! Can’t wait to (hopefully) have something to submit this week.

Arriving spacenuts
Open, cycles, 1024 samples, optix, rendertime ~2min., used a mars/space texture, the effect via motion blur is a particle glitch/bug i encountered, but it looks good for this, after playing the particles, change the lifetime and change it back, after that the motion blur is more streaked.

3 Likes

Very cool effect and “Bug” :grinning::+1:

how to enter?
can I also post this as a finished project finally?

Just post your image in this thread. (Check the first post for details and an example.)

Sure. Entering an image in this challenge doesn’t prevent you from doing anything else with it. :slight_smile:

thanks for your response :star_struck:

The Space Station

Open entry,

The space station itself was created from scratch. The luggage and the conveyors were taken from Airport :: Arrivals (franciscocharrua.com). The sun and stars were taken from On the Horizon :: Hot Surface (francisThecocharrua.com). The escalators were taken from Party Like it is 1999 :: A Night at the Tower (franciscocharrua.com), and modified, due to the top not being finished in the original project: A bit of a hack job. I had to inform a good friend of mine that the big yellow object in the sky was not the corona virus :wink:

6 Likes

Hellgate Opening

Non-competing - open (tentacles from productioncrate ($), Phobos 3d model from NASA, Plating and Greebles ($))

Eevee, 128 samples, post and compositing with Resolve Studio ($) (but the free version is equally amazing)

I had a lot less time available than I thought. So a quick homage to Doom and a hellgate opening on Mars. A lot of fun to make. Hope you guys like it.

Hellgate opening

2 Likes

Hello,
OPEN entry “mars2022”. It’s open because I have used the Oportunity model from NASA/JPL-Caltech to bury it with the sands of mars. The hardest thing was to make atmosphere colors like on real photos.

11 Likes

"Maybe next Year"

non competing (pure), Cycles (256 samples + denoising), Blender 3.0

8 Likes

Mining drones on mars

PURE ENTRY

Hello, this scene illustrates a key stage of colonization : The mining of raw resources for the 3d printing of settler habitats. All of these robots are working hard to welcome humans to Mars !

The landscape is made with the incredible “VALLY-Shader” by Mark Faasen

Rendered with Cycles on Blender 3.0

9 Likes

And this is my first time participating in the weekend challenge :smiley:
Pure entry models are a new blender and blender plugin only (for the base mesh of astronaut, then I edit it).atmospher is cooler than realist mars I think, it is artistic, Welcome to Mars - Artwork / Finished Projects - Blender Artists Community
also only created in 2 days :smiley: and moon, sun, atmosphere and even all-stars modeled to achieve this sense and all of them are mesh. :smiley:
I hope enjoy it.

12 Likes

Hello Suzanne :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well been a while since I’ve been here. I did made my “Welcome to Mars” entry.
Mountain Biking On Mars. Render in Blender 3.0, cycles, 500 samples + denoise.
This is an open entry, astronauts were made in makehuman, and the bikes from blender market.

• List item
4 Likes

Mining Mars

Open Entry, mostly because I made the earth in the back a little while ago and not for this project.
I got the planet shape by playing around with some volumes and the volume to mesh modfier.

9 Likes

4 Likes

My first entry :slight_smile:
“View from a cliff”, pure .
I have used shader I am working on to make slight comic feel to renders and to be able to control all colors and line art modifier, because I love it.
Eevee, 128 samples, only blender.

I had to delete previous post as clicked wrong “reply” button.

7 Likes

Maybe Aliens who created the pyramids of Egypt set Suzanne here and maybe they want to spread blender to Mars :smiley: