Challenge #968 "Aircraft on Mars" (07/01/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #968 for Friday 7th of January 2022 is:

Aircraft on Mars

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 10, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Fly with me

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

I have done something already, so out of competition. It took me a while to make it and as a beginner I am really proud of it.

Mars - well, let’s pretend it is Mars
Aircraft - not working, but is is there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Feels like I can just resubmit my entry :wink:

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to make time for the last entry so I’m grateful for the chance to revisit a Mars theme :slight_smile:

2 Likes

good luck, I like to see many good works this time.
the bigger challenge, the bigger joy :smiley:
Also, I’ve published a video on youtube plus other social media and introduced some new user’s to this challenge.

A lucky coincidence that so many of the new users only voted for your picture.

You just cheated with a lot of accounts when voting and everyone noticed. Thats all.

Can we just get this “user” banned? If you look at all of his comments: Christmas [fast] food, Welcome to Mars and this weeks weekly challange, his only goal is to stir up drama. He is obviously just a troll.

Just don’t give him any attention and move on. :heart:

1 Like

Telling the truth is trolling?

It is just obvious that there was an amazing amount of users suddenly casting votes whenever it was necessary to build on the lead again. Some of these accounts have spoken for the first time here:

marjan Joined Jun 19, '20 2 Minutes active before his comment and vote

farshid_rahimi Joined Jun 19, '20 first time actime with this comment and vote

And there was a third account that comment there that also joinned Joined Jun 19, '20 and posted the first time under this pic. This post is now deleted again.

Coincidence?

I am sure that an admin can easily see that many first time active accounts have voted. Helge also wrote that this was noticed with the unusually high number of votes out of nowhere in this group.

I just checked out the video. The one word of Persian I know didn’t help me all that much, but it seems to be a nice introduction. :+1:

Regarding the spike in poll participation:
I’d like to ask everyone not to jump to conclusions and to keep things civilized. I really don’t think @Ali-Nasiri tried to manipulate the poll. (If that was the case, it would easily have been possible without anyone noticing.) As said before, social media activity can (on purpose or not) cause jumps in participation numbers. If things start to get suspicious in the future, I’ll initiate appropriate actions (as always).

And now, back to some real issues. I planned to finish a 3d printable Warhammer 40K style rocket launch-pad hours ago - and it is already 02:50 AM over here… :wink:

3 Likes

I checked the votes and see no signs of abuse with the votes on his work. So instead of calling out someone for cheating, you’d better make sure you have the facts first.

7 Likes

So is it supposed to be a coincidence that suddenly there were twice as many votes as there were otherwise in the challenges and the commenting and liking accounts that have been inactive since 2020 suddenly comment and vote?

I do not think so. YoannCG was in the lead and then suddenly there were individual votes over votes only for the other entry. Still looks fishy.

I don’t think I need to repeat my statement and consider this discussion closed and off-topic from here on.

2 Likes

I mean, even if he cheated, what would he have to win ? just the challenge ? popularity for 3 days ?

2 Likes

@flloyd miss judged but I do not answer him because:

1_I think it cause only irrelevant discussion becomes longer and more inflammatory. for example, Challenge #964 “Christmas [Fast] Food” Voting CLOSED - Contests / Weekend Challenge - Blender Artists Community
even he plays with my prestige and others with bad speculation and miss information, I don’t answer him to keep the community calm

2_I wanna save my energy for a better thing, like creating artwork. and I think we must do it.

thanks

3_his job is not to judge, he hasn’t all information, if he wants he can flag it and report it to admins.

I have more than 1k followers on Instagram (I post my artwork there) and I am in 14 Blender Group on telegram. I am in the Blender community since 2015, I have communications, I introduced the BA weekend challenge to them, and it’s so good.
Marjan is a real person, she is my sister and I introduced BA to her to see my work and my activity, even if this vote remove(that must count), I still was the Winner.

, (A lot of account,Just miss information and prejudge)

After all, I Hope @flloyd does his job as a BlenderArtists user and create some Artwork or positive thing.don’t focus to get other person’s energy
I’m not anymore continuing this.

6 Likes

On rescue mission
Pure, eevee, all made in blender, just the decals are made i gimp, used the landscape addon

Comicstyle with Freestyle
(it burns my PC with only 8Gbyte up as it starts to swap out to disk cause freestyle uses 3Gbyte more than i have, runs for ~10 Minutes)

Previous / Special

Previous

Special

11 Likes

PURE entry “marscraft”
It uses hydrogen as a source of lift and, when burned, as a source of propulsion assuming that Mars has oxygen after terraforming XD
I have not been able to make engine flames using smoke simulation so the flames are procedural and looks just as bad as the rest. :wink:

10 Likes

For an hour I thought: that reminds me of something … that reminds me of something … that reminds …

And then it clicked: This is a “Herbie” -textured aircraft :slight_smile: :+1: :rofl:

3 Likes

"Fully Reusable"

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 samples + denoising), Blender 3.0

7 Likes

Ingenuity (first aircraft on Mars)

Non-competing (Pure-ish)

Blender 3.0, Cycles, 64 samples, denoiser, everything new except wind dust [Productioncrate ($)] composited using Resolve Studio ($)

“The Mars Helicopter, Ingenuity, is a technology demonstration to test powered, controlled flight on another world for the first time.” - NASA

Ingenuity

6 Likes

Yes :smiley:
I thought i use a famous car and turn it into a helicopter, my favourites where “Starsky & Hutch”, “The Dukes of Hazzard” and “Herbie”. I used “Herbie” at last.