Challenge #969 "watches, clocks and devices that tell time" (14/01/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #969 for Friday 14th of January 2022 is:

watches, clocks and devices that tell time

(A little inspiration https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_timekeeping_devices)

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 17, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Sunny Side Up

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My bathroom mirror is such a device. Unfortunately, tells me every morning how much time has already passed and how merciless it is ticking on :wink:

6 Likes

The gears and bevel modifier is killing my machine, i guess even with a high end pc and if you want to use a lot of gears i recommend to start with cycles and bevel shader.

And i want a lot of gears, some hundreds minimum. :smiley:

No gears here. I call it “Passtime”. It turned out pretty good considering I’m not far past the donut stage. My previous attempt was a chess set, so I copied the pieces from that.

This contest has inspired me to attempt a chess clock for the chess set I already did. If I get that done I’ll post it somewhere. I just did the chess pieces in the last week, so not sure if that qualifies as “pure”.

Still mulling over the best way to prevent the shadows of the main object(s) from ending up on th backdrop.

ETA: Do I need to mention the tablecloth and wood texture are pictures I downloaded from somewhere I ddon’t remember (since I’m an abject beginner learning and not doing any commercial work). Otherwise, all original and in Blender.

6 Likes

not that again!!!

pure

13 Likes

Thank you… not an entry since I already submitted my one, but you inspired me to add a chess clock to my chess set so I figured I’d share. Didn’t take long. To quote Manuel from Fawlty Towers
Eventually… I learn.”

8 Likes

Bloody chessfield :slight_smile:

1 Like

Variation of Salvador Dali painting, guess which one :slight_smile:

Most of models were made from scratch (except melted wrist watch - it is my first ever model made in Blender).
I supposed it should be open entry.
Sand and cliff texture is from 3dtextures.me. the rest are procedural based or made from photos. Cliffs generated with help of Landscape addon.

Slight distortion added in compositor.

7 Likes

The lost sundial
Fully pure

10 Likes

Hi this is my image I call it “Running out of time” the image is pure accept for the 2 characters the rest is ale my work hope I did everything correct :wink:

5 Likes

I had mis-reply earlier, but, this is my pure entry - Gametime

15 Likes

Snoozbot

Pure.
I managed to model and rig the little guy in a few hours, faster than I expected actually. So I still had time to put him into a nice scene and model all the furniture around myself. (Spend about an hour making the light switch and socked, definatelly a good use of my time lol.)
The only thing I didn’t make are the furniture materials, those are from blenderkit.

18 Likes

Hallway of Time - Pure

13 Likes

Wooooh! The 80’s. Wooooh!

A child of the 80’s all night long. Listening to 80’s music now sipping on a whiskey sour.

My college (UTEP) years were in a the 80’s and glorious (pocket protector and all).

1 Like

Shadow on the Ground

Pure entry

6 Likes

Timepiece

Non-competing (Pure)

Blender 3, Cycles, 128 samples, 120 frames, HDRI lighting

Video is fairly compressed due to gif conversion.

pocket watch0001-0120

clarity on full frame mp4 video:

14 Likes

100% Pure Blender …

2 Likes

“Time’s Up”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 samples), Blender 3.0

7 Likes

“The Weight of Time”
non competing Pure

Cycles 64 Samples

7 Likes

‘Museo Nacional de Antropología’
Pure, except for the background statues from the Smithsonian…

4 Likes