• rigoletto
  • 3dnotguru
  • Linkridge
  • mali_zweipunktnull
  • Tachtian
  • infinition
  • HazelQ

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jan 26, 2022 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

fcharr: School

G.wise: kraken under the sea

TripleTree: Jellyfish

HuggiesXXL: The Nautilus

Trentle: Sunk Cost

derosaron1: Yellow Submarine

Upupa_epops: Not deep Not blue Sea

rigoletto: Take your waste back

3dnotguru: ship wreck

Linkridge: Angler

mali_zweipunktnull: UUMF 2.0 - Undersea Unobtanium Mining Factory

Tachtian: The Beethovenstation

Open Entries

infinition: Under water dream

(Fishes, woman, sharks & temple assets were used and post process with affinity photo.)

HazelQ: Undersea Apartment

*(Open - I decided to use this week’s challenge as an opportunity to learn how to use the Asset Browser, so downloaded LOTS of models from polyhaven.com! :slight_smile:

The ocean, fish, kelp, and the room were all modelled by me and procedurally shaded.)*

Non-competing Entries

Kazrarr: Ruins under the sea

OLG: Looking up to the sky

Helge: Marine Beetle

david.speer: X Marks the Spot

3 Likes

What does this meant “advertise for it” and “i expect more”? And why no voting?

forget it, I decide to vote for somebody
but I hope the next challenge had a better result

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 970 with votes from 33.3% of the voters is… mali_zweipunktnull!
Here’s to all the great participators…

UUMF 2.0 - Undersea Unobtanium Mining Factory

4 Likes

Seems I did something right, didn’t win, but got 3rd with my 2nd entry ever and like 3rd thing I’ve put on the internet. Didn’t know how fair it is to share updated versions of entries after the voting is started, and flat out failed to edit the post before hand, so here is Not deep Not blue sea V2

4 Likes

Congrats to Mali, and Infinition, yours looks stunning

1 Like

Your Caustics and water reflections looks fantastic :grinning:

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Here is a little something:

Congrats everyone ! :wink: have a nice day

@mali_zweipunktnull, congrats!

Thank you and all others :slight_smile:

I often think shortly after uploading a picture here: That was the wrong part of the picture. The wrong perspective. Too much or too little in the picture :slight_smile:

Shortly after voting began, I would have preferred a closeup. But then I always think “Then you can’t see everything”. And then: “But too much is too much”. And then… “But…” It’s a never-ending vicious circle :wink:

Here a close-up/an other perspective:

And some stages through the making:

It all started with this (unfinished) module - just actually way too much detail and work for what was seen afterwards. :

I also spent quite a bit of time “designing” the light - and afterwards there was almost nothing to be seen of it because almost all the light was lost in the “water”/volume scatter :slight_smile:

But with all this you always learn something new and have fun, so it’s worth it :slight_smile:

6 Likes