Challenge #972 "the biggest hat" (04/02/22) Entries CLOSED

oh you’re completely right, common sense should be able to take care of next to all situations :stuck_out_tongue:

could i get a breakdown of the grass? its very interesting how it flows, kinda like hair. Is it actually hair particles?

As I said, all geonodes.
Input is just distributed curve lines and after this is a curve radius with the grass shape in a float curve and curve to mesh with a straight line for the profile.
Might have fps higher than 10 if I understood particles better, I just find geonodes easier.
I am having troubles with making a vector out of noise textures, I often end up with things moving in a straight line. That part can be improved

1 Like

I saw this tutorial a while ago, it might be insightful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’ve just finally made Mr. Seuss’ Hat. I’m a noobie and I must thank this challenge for helping to push me over into work and make me practice creating stuff on blender. Sorry for not doing anything else but just a hat. It took me like 4 or 3 hours in a row (not counting distractions). Pure [ENTRY]

Also, I’m using Blender 2.79 (in a Raspberry Pi 4, 4GB model. OS: Rasbian Buster)

PS: Désolé pour la résolution!

8 Likes

Did not thought someone is using blender on a raspberry, was it not too laggy?
Looks like your are testing modifiers and sculpting in one session, interesting result with quite a charm. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Might be a non-competing one, or not included at all. Me trying out the grease pencil, just had to share the idea

High Hat

Pure(ish)
Everything is original, but the vignette was added in post.
I had trouble with this prompt, and ended up just going with ‘big hat’ as my idea. Kinda worked out, I guess?

8 Likes

Oh f * * k! REALLY???

pure

Made today in under 2 hours. A challenge in the challenge :slight_smile: Ca. 1 hour for the cinema (thank you array-modifier) and half an hour for the hat. Plus additional work (screenshot/upload and so on). My somewhat desperate last minute idea for this weeks topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

The challenge is good at that, isn’t it?
Also: Welcome on board, nice to have you around! I’m pretty sure there aren’t that many Raspberry Pi workstations involved in the BWCs. So, that is a nice addition, as well.

Don’t worry! Vive la résolution! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Title: Ray’s (Arby’s) Roast Beef sign
Pure entry rendered in cycles.

Growing up, this was the biggest hat around.

6 Likes

I was curiously waiting for your entry! :smiley: But it raises a few questions :wink:
Does B52 refer to the Boeing B52 Stratofortress? How do B52 and Bat Squirrel go together?
The title definitely promises a good movie :smiley:

Thats just a stupid font :rofl:

It’s BS 2 (Bat Squirrel 2 - The Sequel) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, okay, I thought I might be reading that wrong :sweat_smile: A plot with a B52 Stratofortress and a bat squirrel might be a bit over the top, but I would also watch it :grin:

I’ll make a note of that for a future challenge :grin:

The Soundtrack for this will come from (B52s - Rock Lobster):

1 Like

I bet, Samuel L. Jackson would be part of this project. That is what tricked me into watching Snakes on a Plane. And it would probably work again, this time. :wink:

1 Like

Not at all, actually, it is smooth when objects are not so divided, once you Subdivide the surface, and start working on the fly that way, then you got it pretty laggy; anyways, it was so relaxing working on it at least for a couple of details. When it’s time to render, you should be aware, but nothing else.

Thank you so much. Yeah, I had to do so haha!

Oh yes, it’s amazing! Also, thank you for welcoming me.
I can tell haha, it’s quite unusual, I guess. Well, it is good to know!
~~

Amazing work, man! I liked it so much!! Cool.

Interesting, I liked!

1 Like

That would be awesome! :joy: This should be proposed to Hollywood. We really need no more unoriginal endless sequels and remakes. The bat squirrel on a plane is what we need :smiley:

That really sounds like old-school superhero music! Absolutely adequate for the bat squirrel! :grin:

We probably should do just that!

Right after getting some voting done:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes