• j.a.freeman
  • deltaray
  • rigoletto
  • zeroskilz
  • Andreal
  • Trentle
  • fcharr

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Feb 16, 2022 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

md2000: Who Moved My Cheese!?

FinalBarrage: King Kong

3dnotguru: COLD WAR

RakIvPav: Evil Del

Tachtian: The Fidget Spinner

HuggiesXXL: Warning! Take cover!

The_Hit_List: Undead

j.a.freeman: Bee Movie Poster

deltaray: The Blender

rigoletto: $OLD OUT

zeroskilz: Cupid

Open Entries

Andreal: B movie poster_ver 2

(Open, Blender 3.0 + post processing in Gimp.)

Trentle: Just the Teeth

(The jaw is from 3d.si.edu. Everything else is new, unless you count the font.)

fcharr: Once Upon a Time in a Small Town

(I used various models from previous entries. The guns a re new.)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Alien

Akikun: The fourth target

TripleTree: The Default Cube’s Revenge - The Last Bevel

Helge: BRUTUS KILLS

Looks like Tachtian’s gonna win this one, but other than that it was actually pretty even

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 973 with votes from 40.4% of the voters is… Tachtian!
Here’s to all the great participators…

The Fidget Spinner

1 Like

Thank you for the votes!

I use the weekend challenges mostly for inspiration, practice and fun, but I’m very happy to have reached the top this week :grin: .

I hope you will find next week’s theme inspiring and I wish you much luck and Fun and Glory!
PS: I’m on vacation so I will probably not find a way to create and sent an entry.

5 Likes

Congrats Tachtian! Funny idea and nice render!

1 Like

Hey! Here is something new! Well, it is somewhat damaged, but…

2 Likes

Thank you, @TripleTree!

Yeah I was quite happy, when the fidgetspinner idea hit me: It seemed like a good story but with a simple model.

1 Like

Congrats :slight_smile:

I call this “The Squirrel Effect” :wink:

My Fav this week was @deltaray’s Blender. I like the Idea and colors and it reminded me of an episode of the Halloween Horror Simpsons :slight_smile: My other two votes went to @HuggiesXXL (because we had the same film idea) and @rigoletto for the sold out earth (surprisingly “undervoted”).

2 Likes

Congrats, it was really fun topic to work with.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Thanks, i guess the topic was a bit too serious/dark.

Asap i saw that unique idea and very good made of the fidget spinner i knew it would be favorite, simple but beautiful work rock solid hard to push away :smiley: The same for the cold war theme, very well done. It has that catastrophe feeling.

But iam interessted in did somebody see the victims on the ground or were they to subtle?

1 Like

I saw that but thought it was some kind of landscape detail.

To be honest, I didn’t notice them. And I even zoomed in to read all the small text on the bottom. :slight_smile:

Congrats :slightly_smiling_face: Liked the detail on the fidget spinner, and the way it looks like the top corners of the poster were curling away from wall.

1 Like

Yeah, the gap is small make something overseen or seen at an 2nd look.
So the big companies fleeing is not recognized too, :stuck_out_tongue:

Next time i stay with my first idea putting a litte girl in the middle of africa holding a sign up “WHY?” and looking at the viewer. But i was to lazy to sculpt that.

1 Like

Thanks. I thought everyone had a nice entry and had good fun with it. It’s always interesting to see what people do with a challenging theme.

@Tachtian, congrats. Super clean render.

1 Like

Thanks @j.a.freeman .
Not sure, but i may post the geo node and some differently parametrised renders of the central curve at some time.

I extended and polished the geometry node for the central curve and posted it in Sketchbooks.

Great work. Great entry.