Challenge #974 "Somewhat damaged, but …" (18/02/22) Entries CLOSED

Toasty Touchdown

Pure, hdri is from Polyhaven

Note to self: Do not do fire/smoke sims, they will make you die inside.

8 Likes

It’s been like that for… 2 years?

I want to say that it’s pure, but displayed image is a random CC lock screen screenshot and it is probably the most attention grabbing thing there.
Open entry

7 Likes

Damaged but Fashionable (Calimero)

Non-Competing, Eevee

10 Likes

“…still dangerous.”

Pure.

8 Likes

“Roly Poly Pirate: Last Legs Louis”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 samples + denoising), Blender 3.0.1

15 Likes

How you came on that? :smiley:
Say, where you so cruel as kid, horrifying all kind of insects!

Actually, I even catch spiders, flies and mosquitos with a glass in order to bring them outside, instead of killing them. :wink:
But the two beings I could think of, which are famous for functioning well with missing body parts are pirates and insects.

Edit: Strictly speaking, woodlice aren’t insects. However, both are arthropods and all of them are fascinating. Btw. I just found out that there are giant isopods which can reach about 50cm in length. Who would have thought?

7 Likes

But Delivered

Pure entry, inspired by my current occupation.

7 Likes

Ocha no jikan
Pure, cycles 2048 samples, opendeniser, <5min., all made in blender, my pc struggles with the adaptive subdivision, and placing the gold lines in render preview was terrible, but its done. All procedural materials. I am happy with it except the tea.

If you are interested:
kintsugi14.blend (782.9 KB)

9 Likes

That is awesome only because it is too true. Nice. lol

1 Like

So detailed and well textured - especially the bowl :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t do it

“Attack balls fired off the foot of Orion. I watched spoons glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those picnics will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to pie.”

The main actor in the image (the collision of the ball and the bowl) is a mixture of: Cell Fracture, Rigid Body and Motion Blur.

This is exactly the moment when things start to break and the rest of the stuff just flies off the table, but the good news is: the picnic was saved and still took place :wink:

Pure / Blender 3.0 / Cycles / No Postprocessing / HDRI Background downloaded

6 Likes

It is procedural only, dont look at the nodes, it´s a mess. :smiley:

Wow, good they dont live on land. I have no fear of insects, but if such a beast is crawling trough my room, i guess i would jumpscare too.

There will probably be another one of these in a few minutes:

It would certainly be a little strange. On the other hand, I think I could get used to seeing a few of these walking around on a meadow like sheep. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the tip! That was very interesting to watch. Unfortunately the camera had a blackout during the landing process, and the delicate touchdown wasn’t shown. A few seconds later, the rocket just stood there again :joy:

That happens every time they land a booster on one of the drone ships. :wink:
The signal (almost) never survives the actual landing. However, if they land a booster on land, everything works just fine.

1 Like

… or, if the whole thing was shot in Hollywood, maybe they were just too lazy to work out the fire and smoke simulation :smiley:

1 Like

…I wouldn’t blame them

2 Likes

Very dynamic! I like, how the fliying spoons etc give a glinse at the immediate past.

1 Like