Challenge #977 "American Diner" (11/03/22) Entries CLOSED

American Booth

Pure entry, didn’t have the energy this weekend, we have a merger that took place yesterday. Spent all day sleeping :wink:

4 Likes

Sunshine Diner

Pure Entry. I modeled everything by myself. Some textures are from Blednerkit.
Cycles, 500 Samples + Denoising.

13 Likes

Very atmospheric :slight_smile: I especially like the tables - a combination of diner and spaceage.

Nothing for children’s television :drop_of_blood: :drop_of_blood: :drop_of_blood: :grin:

But the donut is a little hard to see (contrast/light). I like his desperately outstretched arm. Looking for help, but all in vain in the end :slight_smile:

Such a cool take on the theme :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks :). I wanted to make the tables glow at first, but that looked weird.

“The Route 66 Diner”
Rendered with 1500 samples and with denoising too.

Pure Entry. This diner reminds about the classic American food like hotdogs, hamburgers and all that good stuff.

6 Likes

Nice Job! I like how you made the seats!

Yeah, it might be a bit to much ghost effect, i make it a bit less strong. But i like that you need to make a 2nd look and do not get the story at first glance.

‘Donut Diner’

Pure
Went for the orthographic/diorama/miniature style (whatever it’s called) and really liked it. Everything is new, except for the font, the hdri, and the cup, which is from a previous project.

6 Likes

I like it! Did you get the materials from Blenderkit?

1 Like

Thanks! I made all the materials procedurally, but they’re pretty simple. I think cycles is doing a lot of the work to make them look good. Also, nearly every sharp corner has a slight bevel on it to catch the light.

Your diner reminds me when I first started with Blender Guru’s Donut Series when I first started Blender.

I actually traced over my original donut to make the donut on the sign. Originally, I wanted to use the actual donut itself but it looked weird. That donut tutorial is the gift that keeps on giving.

Yeah Exactly. :smiley:

Unfortunately, I cannot finish my “American Diner” :sleepy: I’ve had constant hardware problems since Friday and my laptop crashes 2-3 times an hour. RAM defective. I still tried to build something, but it was always a fight for little progress :slight_smile: Start computer, start Blender, build something, save, build something, save, build something - crash & reboot. Millions of restarts since Friday :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

When I render I even have a crash immediately. So unfortunately I can only show a screenshot this time and that is also very rough and unfinished. Should be the “66 Diner” in Albuquerque when it was finished :slight_smile:

That was the model and actually the goal:

5 Likes

It sounds like a hardware issue, indeed. However, you could try updating Blender to 3.0.1 or 3.1. Who knows? Maybe it will help.

Hardware problem are the WORST. Hope you can work it out

Check out the menu. Take your pick!

1 Like

Yep.

The new RAM made it. Runs smooth again now.

And i

updated to 3.1 :grin: :+1:

1 Like