Challenge #977 "American Diner" (11/03/22) Entries CLOSED

A world of pastel, neon, colorful paint & leather, metal & glass bricks, checkerboard pattern, illuminated signs & fried bananas :innocent:, Route 66 - diners have so much cliche inside & outside. All that food and iconic neon design - hope you enjoy this weekend’s theme :slight_smile:

https://www.google.com/search?q=american+diner&client=firefox-b-d&channel=trow5&sxsrf=APq-WBsHvduNoXmJ_tdwX-KPD688vbif6g:1646917896726&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjw-dShz7v2AhXNSvEDHfIYDloQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1531&bih=884

1 Like

Ha, it is time for another victim, Breakfast Killer stikes again. :smiley:

2 Likes

“render time ~45 Minutes” :grin:

I guess there was no denoiser or i didnt know it at this time, also i had an old gfx card. :smiley:

I always thought this diner-related music video is exceptional for the atmosphere and vibes it transports.

I once read an interpretation that suggested that the cheerleaders might do a death dance after the car accident. Maybe you guys also find it interesting…

1 Like

“Too Late for Dinner Diner” Pure

3 Likes

Evening Comfort

Pure entry, all materials are procedural. The only thing not modelled myself are the blinds, I used the Archimesh addon. 1500 samples with some denoising.

10 Likes

"Diner for One"

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 Samples + denoising), Blender 3.1

12 Likes

Want to see the light once more
Pure, cycles 1024samples, rendertime ~6min., opendenoised, all made in blender, the smear texture is painted in gimp, the menu is from the www and modified. Did some light tweak with ghost and glow. Used an HDRI from https://polyhaven.com/a/quarry_04

“The Baker Paper”
Breakfast Killer has found his 3th victim. This morning another dead donut was found at the ‘Flying Donut’. ‘Double Choc’ had his lower abdomen bitten off and was left to die. Coroner Quincy said: “His death was terrible. Cause his viscous chocolate filling drips so slow out of him, it probable takes about 10 minutes before he even lost consciousness.” Police chief Spencer Trilby: “We have doubled our efforts and patrols. Also we have taken special steps to get this monster.”

Previous

new_donut_victim16.blend (1.8 MB)

10 Likes

“Corner Booth”
OPEN and NON-COMPETING- I made everything in this scene in Blender a long time ago. Years, I think, not my best work for sure. I tweaked it up just now, still doesn’t qualify for competition. Just wanted to share it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow guys. Amazing entries from everyone. Very nice.

I have guests coming in so can’t play this week (and Elden Ring) but very impressive inputs.

American Booth

Pure entry, didn’t have the energy this weekend, we have a merger that took place yesterday. Spent all day sleeping :wink:

4 Likes

Sunshine Diner

Pure Entry. I modeled everything by myself. Some textures are from Blednerkit.
Cycles, 500 Samples + Denoising.

13 Likes

Very atmospheric :slight_smile: I especially like the tables - a combination of diner and spaceage.

Nothing for children’s television :drop_of_blood: :drop_of_blood: :drop_of_blood: :grin:

But the donut is a little hard to see (contrast/light). I like his desperately outstretched arm. Looking for help, but all in vain in the end :slight_smile:

Such a cool take on the theme :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks :). I wanted to make the tables glow at first, but that looked weird.

“The Route 66 Diner”
Rendered with 1500 samples and with denoising too.

Pure Entry. This diner reminds about the classic American food like hotdogs, hamburgers and all that good stuff.

6 Likes

Nice Job! I like how you made the seats!

Yeah, it might be a bit to much ghost effect, i make it a bit less strong. But i like that you need to make a 2nd look and do not get the story at first glance.