Challenge #979 "Rollercoaster & Co." (25/03/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #979 for Friday 25th of March 2022 is:

Rollercoaster & Co.
(Actually anything Fairground/Theme Park/… related will be just fine.)

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Mar 28, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: You Spin Me Round

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As Helge wrote: Don’t focus too much on just the roller coasters, everything about amusement parks, theme parks and fairs makes sense. Carousels, Ferris wheels, candy canes, raffle booths or simply unprecedented fictional rides from outer space :slight_smile:

6 Likes

OMG, thats going to be a tightrope act. :smiley:

Awesome! Definitely participating in this Challenge! Thanks for picking this topic! @mali_zweipunktnull :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

By the way, just asking how long have you been using Blender?

This morning I had a dream where I was riding a rollercoaster. I was at an amusement park with my parents and my brother. After the ride, I figured we would settle down and watch a show together. In the dream I had a notion that my brother and I were sharing it. I told him we should cherish these moments.

1 Like

On the rope
Pure, cycles, 2048 samples, render time ~2min., no denoiser, all made in blender, used the tutorial in the summary for the artist, which is insane how he pull out details from a low poly mesh in the start.

Previous

Used tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzMAh66ofq0

on_the_rope1.blend (746.3 KB

8 Likes

Thanks! :+1:

Tubular awesome! I am so going to have to play this week. I am thinking of some of the classics from the 1960’s.

A few months now. About 5-6. In the fall, a friend asked me if I could help him. He is currently writing his doctoral thesis and had made illustrations with software for 3D molecular representation. He wanted to pimp this with the Atomic Blender Plugin in Blender and he couldn’t cope with it. I was able to help and then somehow got stuck with Blender :slight_smile: The first few weeks I then - like everyone else I think - made tutorials after tutorial (donut & co.) and read manuals, FAQs, etc. But: Even then you just scratch the surface of Blender’s possibilities. And with many questions I often ended up here at Blenderartists after a Google search and that’s how I found the weekend challenge a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

I have been using Blender for about 2 to 3 months. I started with the donut, and I got through the whole series and that is how I got stuck with Blender. But every now and then I have to read the manuals two watch tutorials and etc. :slight_smile:

Wycked Wyld Stallyn (non-competing)

Pure, Cycles, 4 Samples

3 Likes

Hot Rod Coaster

Non-competing (Pure)

CyclesX, 4096 samples, fire simulation, hair system, hdri background/lighting, all geometry new for this entry. Fire decal on car created with Krita.

Inspired by Ed Roth’s rat fink art from the mid to late 1950’s.

8 Likes

Nice, awesome entry!
Originally, I also thought to make something like Ed Roth’s Slasher as known from Santa Cruz Skateboards :wink:

2 Likes

Pure. The only thing I didn’t model today is the background cloud image, which I added in GIMP (using a cc0 image).

Great fun getting the warped track shape, learned more about geometry nodes though I didn’t use them for everything. Used some textures from BlenderKit.

8 Likes

Non-Competing, Unfinished, Work-Not-Really-In-Progress
I don’t know have any ideas.

Pure. “Ride The Octopus!”

3 Likes

Circus Ride

Pure entry, blender 3 cycles. All the rollercoaster objects use the same curve. Added the tents to fulfil the company part of the challenge and remove the need for a horizon.

5 Likes

Open. Tried to recreate one of my favourite pieces by the german cartoonist Ralph Ruthe ( https://ruthe.de/cartoon/2839/rating/asc/ ). Rendered in Cycles X with 4096 samples, all new geometry. The background clouds are from pexels, compositing was done with photoshop.

9 Likes

PURE

7 Likes