• rigoletto
  • fcharr
  • 3dnotguru
  • md2000
  • InfiniteVariations
  • Trentle
  • captainsauerland

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Mar 30, 2022 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

petebeat: Rollercoaster Composite

HuggiesXXL: Ride The Octopus!

rigoletto: On the rope

fcharr: Circus Ride

3dnotguru: roller

md2000: You can start with the Tunnel o’ Love but where does it lead?

InfiniteVariations: Sunset At the Amusement Park

Trentle: This is Fine

Open Entries

captainsauerland: coaster_fin

(Tried to recreate one of my favourite pieces by the german cartoonist Ralph Ruthe ( https://ruthe.de/cartoon/2839/rating/asc/ ). Rendered in Cycles X with 4096 samples, all new geometry. The background clouds are from pexels, compositing was done with photoshop.)

Non-competing Entries

TripleTree: Wycked Wyld Stallyn

OLG: Hot Rod Coaster

Trentle: CoasterTest

Helge: Arilus cristatus (North American Wheel Bug)

Too bad Helge is non-competing, cause that is an epic render.

2 Likes

Anyone here know what happened to cg boost?

They’re still fine, just being busy apparently, due to plan to have new format for the monthly challenge. The forum on the site seems to be much more active than on other media so would be better to follow any progress there.

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 979 with votes from 36.1% of the voters is… Trentle!
Here’s to all the great participators…

This is Fine

4 Likes

So… I won on the week I put in the least effort. I’ll take it.

2 Likes

Prepare yourselves for the next challenge. Sorry :wink:

Congrats! looking forward to it. lol

1 Like

I’m not lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice shot, :slight_smile:
but i cant believe you win with this white pale background.
It remings me of hygiene items “Take a break an fly.” :smiley:

But it is difficult to come up with a more colorful and not loose the contrast to the foreground.

1 Like

This is not a prank. Face it!

@Trentle, @Helge

lol.

I had an assignment in my 3d modeling class to do a bust model of myself using Maya. It was horrific. The stuff of nightmares.

I think I’ll use a pretty person’s face instead and go with that. Really a weak area for me. I like hard surface modeling a lot more.

Well played. This will be a challenge.

1 Like

Oh, that’s going to be difficult. I can’t build anything “human-like” :slight_smile:

An ugly person’s face would probably be a lot more forgiving, though. :wink:

Now i have an image in my head, a head bite on a cake with blue/yellow frosting, breaking his theeth, blood flows down from his mouth, his eyes pop out in pain and angry.

THANKS, Helge :stuck_out_tongue:

What I can do in a few hours:

What Character Creator 3 Headshot can do automatically in 30 seconds from a photo:

This will be some sculpting fun. Here comes Miss Frankenstein if all fails though I will be aiming for the second image. I’ve been playing with hair cards as well so some great practice.

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’m glad I could be of help. :slight_smile:
Like Bruce Willis once said: “It is a nice touch. A little extreme. But nice.” (The Expendables II)

Yeah the lighting was really tricky