• mali_zweipunktnull
  • md2000
  • Levito
  • HuggiesXXL
  • 3dnotguru
  • slangninja
  • fcharr

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Apr 6, 2022 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

Splododyne: One Hour Twenty Minutes

TripleTree: Albert

petebeat: Self Portrait

joyful: human portrait

Monsieur_Greg: Self portrait, 100% pure Suzanne

2Rock: Humans at their best and worst

rigoletto: Face of war

mali_zweipunktnull: “Portrait” of a cheating ex husband

md2000: Practice, practice, practice…

Levito: Igor

Open Entries

HuggiesXXL: Vincent

(“Vincent”, Calling it Open due to the public domain texture that’s the main part of it. Sculpting was mine, and the geometry nodes setup had me puzzled for a while…finally got it!)

3dnotguru: nikolatesla

(OPEN because I used makehuman and then rigged and added hair and mustache in blender.)

slangninja: My self portrait.

(Open, sculpted in vr(medium) also eyes painted in medium, textures, lighting, hair etc done in blender.)

fcharr: Angel

(Open entry, blender 3 cycles. I tried to recreate the result shown below, it did not go well :wink: So I cheated, took a previously made character and spent all my time adjusting things here and there.)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Vinyl Cover

Helge: Hidden behind Glass

Trentle: GoodEnough.jpg

InfiniteVariations: My Unfinished Piece

purbosky: La Femme

2 Likes

Interesting challenge. I thought all the “ugly” ones turned out the best. Probably in part because of how funny I found them to be.

1 Like

Ah, yes the

If you fall into it even the face is better than the rest you may lose of it :smiley:

1 Like

Fascinating. I have never heard of that before, but it makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing.

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 980 with votes from 39% of the voters is… 2Rock!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Humans at their best and worst

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone who voted, whoever you voted for. Petebeat, it was a close run thing!

2 Likes

Get out and play!

1 Like

ouch :stuck_out_tongue: congrats 2 rock. feels like i’ve been slapped :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Rip, I thought yours was pretty good. Maybe work on your lighting and materials though

1 Like

Ouch, is all part of the learning proccess. Many a time I’ve submitted a sure fire winner, only for voters to miss the brilliant idea (Did anyone spot the tank silIouette in her eyes?). I love seeing what others do with a title.
You are not alone, we all struggle on. I look forward to your entry in the next challenge :+1:

3 Likes

To be honest I didn’t. However, silhouettes are a difficult thing to recognize. It is like with these Rorschach tests. If someone had enough of war and weapons, one could easily see a pudgy hummingbird instead of a tank…

(Given the context, that isn’t very likely, I admit.)

Btw. I hid an entire country a few weeks ago. Not sure if anyone noticed.

6 Likes

Congrats, it came down to the wire!

1 Like

No, i did not seen it. Often i get this things cause i looking for it. Specially this time cause i tried the same but it looks to weird. A slight muzzle flash could be an improve.

Nice work.

What?
But it is really hard to spot. Specially the shape of the meteor is much like the hole.

Congrats, a deserved win!
Now that you say it, I see the tank :wink:

1 Like

Wow, seems like my vote was the tie breaker for last place. (I think my top 6 were the bottom 6 on the poll.) I only got 3 votes, and since yours was in the open category, it had a lower priority. Plus I have seen that character of yours before, so I was biased towards the newer ones.

1 Like

@2Rock, congratz! Strong entry and really good render.

1 Like

Thank you. I enjoy creating figures, even if they are just a canvas for the main idea.

1 Like

Where’s @purbosky in the ranking?

Non competing entries are not included in the voting. That is why it doesn’t show up in the results. :slight_smile: