Challenge #982 "wake to the void" (15/04/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #982 for Friday 15th of April 2022 is:

wake to the void

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 18, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Still Sleeping?

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

I don’t know what this means.

3 Likes

Me neither.

2 Likes

I think it is like a black hole or something empty or vaccum.

Its not meant to mean anything, what do you think of when you read this Sentence? What definition will you give it? A creative interpretation could lead to a very intriguing artwork

1 Like

Thats kinda of “wake the void” :smiley:

Should we?

It could be interpreted as: turn the dark off (switch the light on)
The void could be a state not a thing if this makes sense.

I get a scene in my mind a litte nervous girl sneak around a destroyed tank in a previous war to check if the field of flowers is save where nature is starting to hide the scars of destruction.

Makes me think of this song:

DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT - Awake (‘BY A THREAD’ Concert Series) - YouTube

3 Likes

Early WIP (Non-Competing)
This is what I’m thinking. What does it need?

8 Likes

Hmm, what I would do is add a wall with a door that is opened, and the bed is on the other side just floating and floating… in the galaxy. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wake the void…
This image came to me when I closed my eyes (editd as I have added more objects)

Open as galaxies images are from NASA website.
Rendered in eevee, scattered with bagapie addon.

9 Likes

Hello I wanted to participate in the challenge for the first time.

I’m making the Hollow Knight Shade, which is the void within the main protagonist. This is a very early WIP, I’m experimenting with the lighting and some effects in the compositor.

14 Likes

I really like it. Its cool. :+1: :cowboy_hat_face: :metal:

1 Like

Good work. I love hollow knight. Also,
WhEN SilKSonG???!??!?!?!!1!!?

2 Likes

Black Sun

Pure entry, created in Blende 3.1 Cycles with denoising doing allot of work. I use isCameraRay to create the different looks of the landscape. Ideally I would have made the grass disappear by using a transparent shader. I opted for giving the grass a different color because overlapping particles left behind artifacts. A bit disappointing.

13 Likes

First Sight

Non-competing (Open)

Cycles, 256 samples, EEVEE, 64 samples, Cesar Salcedo Eye Add-on ($), lightning tut by BadNormals, composited with Resolve Studio

First thing that popped into my head was the image of waking up and seeing a creature from the void and then realizing you were also in the void.

void

6 Likes

Paint it happy
Open, cycles for both renders, the picture and the scene, rendertime ~5min., 3min for the freestyle, the scene was taken from a previous alternative i made but not used: Challenge #968 "Aircraft on Mars" (07/01/22) Entries CLOSED - #15 by rigoletto
I attached the desk if you want try it too.

paint_it_happy_on_desk.blend (238.1 KB)
paint_it_happy10.blend (468.0 KB)

Previous

5 Likes

Avoid the Void

Pure, Cycles, 12 samples

7 Likes

Enter the Void

Pure cycles @ 300 samples. I didn’t like the all the greens too much so I decided to mellow out the color.

Here is a WIP GIF of the final product. Rendering out the High res final version over night.
outHalf

14 Likes

Very cool, gives me FFVII northern cave vibes :slight_smile:

A Star is Born

Pure, Eevee

13 Likes