Challenge #983 "Peaceful Place" (22/04/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #983 for Friday 22th of April 2022 is:

Peaceful Place

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 25, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Keep Calm

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh boy, it’s time to VIBE. My first thoughts are a cozy reading nook, a Hollow Knight bench area, (Love Hollow Knight) or a Rito-village-style (BOTW) treehouse. Thoughts?

2 Likes

My first thought was actually Rito Village, or Lurelin Village. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used the songs for the villages to fall asleep when I’m having trouble sleeping- peaceful for sure

2 Likes

Huh, i guess i have troubled mind these days. I get no first thought by the topic. My first and last thought for these days is P…n <WTF, where are some swear emojis. This is an artists forum, i want to express myself with some fitting emojis.> :smiley:

I’m in :slight_smile: Here’s my placeholder. Competing, pure, WIP. In case it’s not immediately obvious, I’m going with the Rito Village thing :slight_smile:

Progress:

Don’t worry, the gray background will go away soon!

9 Likes

Peaceful Sunrise Oil

Non-competing (Open-ish)

Cycles, 4096 samples, EEVEE, 64 samples, Paintshop Pro, ShaderMap Pro 4, Illustration Shader ($)

I grew up in the desert of West Texas and I saw the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets thanks to all the dust in the air. I have also lived in Colorado and Montana and the Rocky Mountains had the most peaceful sunrises.

Playing around with different techniques. A really convoluted process but I love the result. I need to clean up the process pipeline and make it more efficient. Rendered a base images with Cylces and the bloom from EEVEE as a separate image passes. Composited and a little clean up of the images with Paintshop Pro. Took the image back into Cycles and displaced it with its own texture and then applied a second normal displacement. Took that render into ShaderMap Pro and created bump/displacement maps. Took back into cycles and re-rendered with HDRI lighting. Border added with Paintshop Pro.

9 Likes

Peaceful Park
Pure (Competing)
Blender (Cycles)

A nice peaceful park, with a unique choice of colors.

5 Likes

Cozy Beach Cabin
Cycles Pure 1000 samples

Here are some other shots for those interested:

6 Likes

Peaceful Dunes

Open, textures significant part of picture.

Each year I hike into the dunes. (here) I try to go on the hottest day of the year.

Far from people, It is always peaceful there. Occasionally something special happens. Eternity. A sense of timelessness.

Dunes are an a.n.t. landscape.
Dune ripple texture from here.
Sky hdri from www.AmbientCG.com.
Cycles render.

There is some banding caused by many repetitions of the ripple bump.

The bright ground makes your pupils contract. That makes the sky look dark. I tried to capture that in this image but just slightly darker and the picture didn’t look right.

Edit: I changed the sky to an hdri from the web. The Bryce sky I made a long time ago was low res. Changed camera location.

Edit: Higher res HDRI, changed dune material for more visibility of shapes.

5 Likes

Peaceful place for cat is… box :slight_smile:

Pure.

12 Likes

I guess that depends on the cat’s owner. :wink:

6 Likes

Paradise place

Pure

I live in Switzerland and we have a lot of mountains and beautiful landscapes so this represents a part of my country.

I sculpted the character and the blue cape and modelled the rest or made it with add-ons

Cycles but I had a lot of problems with the rendering because of my bad gpu so I took a screenshot of my viewport render :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

My entry is finished :slight_smile: Pure, competing.

Sea Breeze at the Windmill Power Plant

There’s an animated version as well

15 Likes

Window side table

Open, EEVEE. Used krita for texutring and used one external image.

test render

11 Likes

That looks promising. I like the anime / cartoon looks it goes.

1 Like

The mix of painted 3d and 2d is nice.

2 Likes

God’s field
Pure, cycles 64 samples, optix denoised, rendertime <1min, all made in blender except the bump map for the front stone, which i used gimp for. Used the ivy generator. I used mist / glare in composition and a simple cloud plane in front of the moon. I like the mood, hope it is not to dark on your screens.

Had forgotten the bell, which makes no difference cause it is not to see, and fixed the bump.

Previous

peaceful_place8.blend (1.2 MB)

12 Likes

I also like the mood, and I like your more macabre interpretation of “peaceful” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I rendered the image with the colors and then i painted the specular and shadow over it and then imported it to blender and rendered it with the lighting I wanted.

2 Likes

The toon shading looks awesome. I have made a toon shader by following the lightning boy studio from youtube. I am curious how did you create this?

1 Like