Challenge #987 "Board Games" (20/05/22) Entries CLOSED

Thanks. I wanted to take it further, but ran out of time. I’ll probably revisit it sometime to make it more real. To make the board spaces I basically just lined up planes and matted them and then used an orthographic camera. It worked pretty well. Lots of duplication for the special spaces. It was fun to make though.

that’s so cool! wish board game would be like this !

1 Like

Nice job. I almost did this exact scene including the blood coming from a piece, but decided to go with another game.

Imposter Queen

Pure
Janky last minute entry. I’ve been practicing my sculpting with my new pen tablet, and also been trying to get better at baking textures, hence the jankyness of the low(ish) poly queen on the right.

3 Likes

I love the Smell of War in the Morning

Pure, Cycles

4 Likes

Really good! :+1:I happen to know how to play chess. :chess_pawn: :chess_pawn: :chess_pawn: :slightly_smiling_face: :smiley:

Game on!

I´m too late :frowning:
Anyways, here is what would have been my entry: “Ladder Game”
Im happy with how it turned out.
I loved to draw these kind of games by myself a s a kid.

15 Likes

That’s really cool. Too bad you didn’t make it in time.

2 Likes

Game-Island - wow :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I found 4 but I only recognized the joker?

Thank you. I do too but haven’t played for some time :slight_smile:

Joker is right :smiley:

I was afraid its to hard.

The others are
Magneto at the left,
Hannibal at the top, his mask is a bit hard to see,
and the three villians from superman caged in the endscene.

3 Likes

Have you by chance been watching Young Justice: Phantoms? The Phantom Zone is a bit obscure and I’d be delighted to find another enjoyer of Young Justice here :slight_smile:

No, i did not know this series.
Will take some time till it makes it to the german tv or online broadcasters.
Did not know the Phantom Zone too, i was thinking about what to put in these glass peals and these scene from superman came to my mind. :smiley:

1 Like

I saw your render and thought whats wrong with it!?
Know i see it or see not, Shadow Ammo or precisely Shadow Bullets. :smiley:

By intention or Little Happy Mistakes :smiley: ?

Actually, it was getting late and in order to save some time I skipped modeling the bullets and decided he would be shooting with buckshot instead. :wink: The bullet shadows are real, though - caused by a sun lamp from above. Even though this wasn’t really intentional, I like the effect anyways.

I think, I can help you with that. I’m wondering how that little guy would manage to use his knifes and rifle without arms and hands…

2 Likes