Challenge #989 "Not Pokemon" Voting CLOSED

The Llama one looks like it could be an actual Pokemon, and I love how Fluffodile just looks slightly uncomfortable

The number of entries is small, but the choices were still tough.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone who participated! There were some really great entries!

And I apologize for the somewhat lame theme. It sounded much better in my head.

If there’s a next time, I’ll definitely try to think of something more open and easier to interpret. :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t know what is wrong with people. I obviously deserve to win. ( I am trolling,…or am I??? )

I really liked the theme :slight_smile:

2 Likes

IMO Wayth is the best. It works on multiple levels.

It’s fine. I remember reading a Hollywood interview with one of the producers of the (totally forgettable) movie “Young Sherlock Holmes”. He said the whole pitch to get money and approval was just the name. They could have done anything - Sherlock’s great grandson present day, Sherlock growing up back then, a young Sherlock fan or wannabe, etc.

That’s how I think we need to take these theme suggestions. You give us some simple suggestion, and then we run with it to do whatever it suggests to each of us. The more imprecise - less explicit, more open - the suggestion, the more varied and hence interesting the competition. It leaves more to our imagination.

This one was good.

5 Likes

Wayths is good! I liked the toaster tho.

Same here!

1 Like

I don’t actually expect people to conform strictly to the theme. They usually don’t. I was hoping to start a bit of good natured trash talking like back in the day.

I was a bit unsure about the theme at first, but it’s turned out to be a lot of fun and I love all the entries. And I’ve learnt that, if in doubt, make a toaster.

3 Likes

Some pretty close voting this week, and in my opinion, at least half of them are good enough to win.

7 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 989 with votes from 41.3% of the voters is… SketchCat!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Hes name is Mounchi.

4 Likes

Yay! Thanks!

5 Likes

@SketchCat, congrats! a fun render. he looks grumpy.

2 Likes

Let’s play!

1 Like

Congratulation :slight_smile:

Lots of great posts in this round. I voted for @SketchCat, @Wayth and @Gismo_Wander this time.

Humor bonus to @deltaray :slight_smile: But my favorite creature was definitely @somegreybloke Fluffodile. That uncertain, anxious look - wonderful :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Congratulations @SketchCat and all the other, awesome pictures as always :heart:

Hope I’ll have soon time to join again :slight_smile:

1 Like