Challenge #992 "Steampunk Mobility" (24/06/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #992 for Friday 24th of June 2022 is:

Steampunk Mobility

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jun 27, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Fly

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was my idea, my version of a Steampunk wheelchair.

11 Likes

Placeholder post, as recommended by the guidelines.

Also placeholder, if time permits.

So would this be the anniversary challenge?

That sounds more like another relic from the past :slight_smile:

It definitely is. We don’t need that anymore.
However, there is one (rather theoretical) situation in which it might still be helpful: There is a platform limitation on the number of items a poll can have. If there are too many challenge entries, this limit needs to be raised - and that is something I can’t do on my own. So, in this case, it would be nice to know the number of entries as soon as possible.

If I remember correctly, the limit is currently set to something like 40 items. I guess, we are not going to run out of poll items anytime soon. :slight_smile:

Steampunk Tank (The Movie…Title)

Non-competing (Open…like a lot)

Cycles, 128 samples, 90 frames, Davinci Resolve Studio ($), Productioncrate VFX ($)

I am super busy this weekend but wanted to add something to the mix so used an old model and just animated it (very simply) plus added effects with Resolve and Productioncrate. Supposed to be an opening movie title scene set in a Victorian Steampunk universe.

Smoking a 15 lb brisket tomorrow and continuing to learn how to use my first 3d printer. Blender is an awesome tool to make all the models to print.

steampunk tank

7 Likes

The Steam Horse

Pure entry, blender 3.2 cycles.

8 Likes

#991 was the 1000th. This is the 1001st. But from reading the thread the #499.1 through #499.9 were considered somewhat unofficial so maybe we could just say that #1000 is the 1000th.

3 Likes

Steam Disc
Pure, cycles, 2048 samples, open denoiser, rendertime ~4min., all made in blender except the textures from www and prepared in gimp.

Previous

steam_traveller14.blend (1.6 MB)

5 Likes

Illegal Bicycle Tuning Kit

Pure, Cycles, 20 Samples
The Spider Tuning Kit accelerates your bike to an incredible 25 mph by using seven bottles of compressed steam. The additional NOS bottle makes escaping from the police a breeze.

Edited:
I tried to make the scene a bit more atmospheric and turned the lanterns on.

6 Likes

> TheQuintessential Steampunk Vehicle

Open: The ship hull is from Polyhaven and the steam is a downloaded texture.

10 Likes

Let me toss in another one of those: :slight_smile:

"Supersonic Airship"

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.2.0

10 Likes

A mortal engine
One of those steampunk nations from the movie “mortal engines”. Rendered in evee 256 samples, pure.

20 Likes

Hello, PURE “steampunk scooter”

Cycles 5000s

12 Likes

Pure entry - Taking my pet for a spin (

Steampunk Scorpion) :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi all, here is my entry for this weeks challenge. All done in Blender 3.2, 2048 samples + denoise and a little compositing.

6 Likes

Here is my entry.

Steampunk Self-balancing scooter. Rendered in cycles 20.000 samples.

Pure

13 Likes