• fcharr
  • rigoletto
  • deltaray
  • md2000
  • piranha4D
  • Wayth
  • Trentle

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jul 27, 2022 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

fcharr: From the River to the Sea

rigoletto: Eat and get eaten

deltaray: Neverending Mowing

md2000: Nest

piranha4D: Memories of science fairs long past.

Wayth: The Light

Open Entries

Trentle: Hidden Hatchling

(The leaf is a downloaded image, and the bark material and HDRI are from PolyHaven.)

Non-competing Entries

Zorro_Weaver: From a Grave of Ashes

TripleTree: Everlasting Slushy Cup

Helge: Ant Geode

3 Likes

Was everyone gone doing Bad Normal’s default cube contest this week? I’m planning on doing it too, I just have no ideas lol.

2 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 996 with votes from 40.7% of the voters is… piranha4D!
As we have a tie between entries (piranha4D, Trentle), the pure entry wins.

Here’s to all the great participators…

Memories of science fairs long past.

5 Likes

Congrats Piranha :slight_smile: You had my vote :slight_smile: I look forward to the topic Helge will pick Thursday night :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m sure piranha4D will come up with something. Actually, I didn’t have to use a backup theme for quite some time now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done Piranha. Guess I should’ve voted for myself lol, Piranha’s entry was just too clean.

4 Likes

Congrats, Piranha and Trentle!

4 Likes

Hey, I voted for you! Really liked the eye; that was clever.

Thanks, everybody! This was a real surprise; the first work I ever posted on BA and y’all liked it!

2 Likes

Check out our gift shop on your way out:

2 Likes

Difficult to pick between the two top entries, both really nice.

Out of interest, I was thinking about making an image using photographs of the environment around me as textures. Would that count as an Open entry - or Pure?

2 Likes

Technically, it would probably still be a pure entry. The rules don’t mention textures and the background doesn’t really matter anyways. However, personally I wouldn’t feel good about entering an entry as ‘pure’ if I used a spectacular photo and just added a tiny little 3d ant in the lower right corner of the image. :slight_smile:

But as long as the main focus of the image is a considerable, newly created 3d foreground, I don’t see a problem.

2 Likes

OK thanks. I’m thinking about textures for models rather than a photo collage, if I ever get around to it. I did some tests and they were not very promising… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well, in that case, post some WIP images of the project. Someone will probably be able to help or have tips on how to make it work.