Challenge #998 "The Farm" (05/08/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #998 for Friday 5th of August 2022 is:

The Farm

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 8, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Polyfarm
grafik
pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like a title of an horror movie :smiley:
and there it is:

5 Likes

Pleeeease
Open, cycles, 4096 samples, opendenoiser, rendertime ~10min., used meta human and some textures from the net, also used poster (cuts of human https://vivian-plaguebane.tumblr.com/post/131487056650/cuts-of-human-meat-infographic/amp)
Hope its not to dark to see the story :smiley:

butching_with_a_view17.blend (1.4 MB) (without textures cause its to big for upload)

Previous

I hope i can get this so much disturbing as i can imagine. Prepare your valium. :smiley:
I think i get a good setup for this.

9 Likes

“Where the barn stood” Pure

10 Likes

“The Render Farm”

(Open, non-competing)

Open:
I used an hdri from polyhaven, a few generated textures from JSplacement, and the blender logo.

This is my fantasy interpretation of a render farm. I used boxcutter to model the units, and did some procedural shading to create the loading bars and LED screen. Post-processed in blender’s compositor.

Again, I won’t be participating in the competition, as I most likely won’t be available next week. I still wanted to get this idea out of my head, so here it is!

15 Likes

Chickens (Pure)

Had lots of fun with this one, thanks for the prompt!

16 Likes

Seven

pure entry, made in blender 3.2 cycles

3 Likes

Robots are proud solar farmers, that’s why in the matrix the sky was clouded.

Pure entry, blender 3.20, rigify, Bpainter

4 Likes

MOOOooo! (non-competing)

Pure, Eevee
Just another day at the farm.

10 Likes

Long time no see! This is my entry. I recreated in blender the logo I made for our farm. :slight_smile:
I think it’s pure because I made everything but I made the design for the logo (in vector drawing) two months ago. Feel free to put it in open if it’s better.

My farm!

14 Likes

That’s what I think. Sounds pure to me.

Your farm? You mean render farm, right? :wink:

2 Likes

Server farm (Pure)

7 Likes

Since Weekend Challenge #1000 is getting closer: Should we go with a special theme for that one?

Like:

• “Pick your favorite theme from the first 1000 challenges.”
  • “1000 sample, 1000 pixels, 1000 verts, 1000 byte, 1000 whatever…”
  • “Home For The Aged”

This might be a little sad for the winner of #999 but it might be worth the sacrifice.

Any ideas? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“Susanne” in a 3.x style :smiley:

1 Like

What about the winner of #999 is choosing the theme for #1001? And the #1000 is kind of special :slight_smile:

Theme idea:

• 1000 Blender dreams/projects

• Blender M

• The 1st step and the 1000th step of the render journey

5 Likes

No, no, haha. I mean my real farm. We have a vegetable and mapple farm. It is named Domaine Alter. I’m an agronomist. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s my submission. I think I’ll call it American Bull-thic (by Grant Wouldn’t…)

Pure, the only outside element is the weathervane topper downloaded and processed in Gimp.
Bonus kudos for noticing the Far Side reference.

10 Likes

The most controversial Far Side strip ever…

1 Like

Sounds fun! Here are some random ideas:

• 1000 blenders
  • 1000 WCs
  • in the style of Blender 1.0
  • best of the weekend challenge, remade (we kind of already had that with @Helge though…)

I like that one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes