chamfer ( does blender have it )

I am trying to follow a 3DSmax tut in blender.
It tells me to chamfer something, what does that mean and does blender have this?

afaik, not a tool called chamfer. But it does have 2 methods of bevelling - with the W menu and select bevel (will bevel the whole mesh) and I think the better method, which will chamfer a face, or an edge, is in the scripts window. click scripts>Mesh>bevel center.

A simple way to Bevel just selected Faces is to Extrude them a little and smooth them a few times.