Changing the color of the window header that the mouse is hovering over?

I notice in Blender’s UI that a window header becomes a slight bit lighter when hovering over the window with the mouse. Since Blender’s keyboard shortcuts are window-sensitive, I would like to make the window header a big obnoxious color so that I know where my keypress is going to go.

I experimented with the theme settings and it doesn’t seem like this is a parameter that can be accessed. Is there any way to change this – even with a Python script?

Thanks!

Anyone? I would really like to implement this somehow.

Hi there,

go to user prefernces —> themes

Scroll down to tooltips and change colors.

Regards

Benarius

Attachments

Its in User preferences ----> themes. select User interface and look for tooltips. There you can change the colors.

Thanks for the response, but that’s not the area of the program that I’m talking about. I’m talking about this (click to see the animated GIF):

http://simplecarnival.com/blender/highlight.gif

Attachments

I see. All you can try is fiddle with User Preferences —> System and there in General change DPI or Virtual Pixel Mode.

In User Prefs i see this as a Theme Space Settings - Header, separate for each window type. Highlight value change likely is hardcoded.

Thanks, that’s what I figured. :frowning: I’m seriously considering making my own fork of Blender, so this is probably one of the things that I’ll change.

Yep, I’m making my own personal fork of Blender and I changed it:

My code uses the Theme Space Settings -> Header Text Highlight color property to make the header bar obnoxious. It doesn’t look pretty, but there is no longer any doubt over which window your keyboard shortcut will be sent to.

If anyone reading this is interested in implementing this change in the source code, here’s what you have to do. In blender\source\blender\editors\interface\resources .c change this…

case TH_HEADERDESEL:
                /* we calculate a dynamic builtin header deselect color, also for pulldowns... */
                cp = ts->header;
                headerdesel[0] = cp[0] > 10 ? cp[0] - 10 : 0;
                headerdesel[1] = cp[1] > 10 ? cp[1] - 10 : 0;
                headerdesel[2] = cp[2] > 10 ? cp[2] - 10 : 0;
                cp = headerdesel;
                break;

…to this:

case TH_HEADERDESEL:
                cp = ts->text_hi; 

break;

Then in blender\source\blender\editors\screen\area.c, change this line…

UI_ThemeClearColor((ED_screen_area_active©) ? TH_HEADER : TH_HEADERDESEL);

…to this:

UI_ThemeClearColor((ED_screen_area_active©) ? TH_HEADERDESEL : TH_HEADER);

Recompile, and you’ll get the obnoxious window headers. Enjoy :slight_smile: