Character adjusting lower and upper body on terrain

Hi,

Coming back on my project but reviewing all. :open_mouth: As you can see, my character adjust its body regarding the terrain slope . Gonna have to definitively remove all eulers to avoid clippings …

2 Likes

very nice work !!!

1 Like

thx !

Here below, found a nice mathutils function for computing a quaternion difference. So now, the upper body is holding the character scale on the 3 axis seamlessly

6 Likes

Cool. But if center of rotation of upper body would be placed at hips position (center of mass) then it would be even better! :slight_smile:

its already the case

Ah now I see. I was misleaded because hip bone has round shape and it was not obvious for me that is rotates. Congrats, this is really impressive.

1 Like

nah, nothing extraordinary in itself. What is extraordinary is that i didnt give up ahah. I’m just doing that game template i was talking about since ages and trying to organize and include all the main features that UPBGE could offer as a study case or the ground for any adventure game
gun, fight, parkour, climb, swim, run, walk, idle, sneak, fall … etc … I have rewritten all and got something now like 250 lines of python code so far shared in 12 modules, with 19 sensors bricks and 60 animations . People overlook bricks and prefer to spam a single wall text of code each logic tic, but bricks is a really serious way to force having some order in the game architecture. And if you use the Actuator Sensor, there’s no mercy for some messy logics … it just doesnt work. So now, after understanding all the subtitles of bricks behavior, i found a very simplistic and functional way to set up a template

1 Like

Great. What about dialog\quest system? :slight_smile:

That’s a external entity that will monitor messages in and out . Somehow , there’s not yet a “God” that controls those game events, for instance is all alone about a mannequin on a flat earth lol

1 Like

Is your template for UPBGE 0.2 or 0.3?

Actually, the dream would be to create a game just by putting assets in folders and writing some parameters in .txt files … If we can achieve that, i think a good community project would be possible

since it’s a fighting game … for instance, 0.25 .

1 Like

Great. I am tracking your project from very beginning. It was cool even on 2.79, now it’s even more cool. Glad you didn’t abandoned it. :grinning:

1 Like

thx, as you can see i removed all the ‘artistic’ part for not being distracted by details. So i work directly with mixamo mannequin and animations.

But beside this, i’m looking after a way to generate automatically some office, warehouse, building environment based on a huge collection of parts. Basically, a generation of office rooms with corridors , entrances … etc

Even if the game will be a fighting/shooting game, i want it to be a real AI python lab for making funny experiences.

From that, after, maybe a full game with story will be the last step.

1 Like

I wish you could finish this game and put it on steam or something. :grinning:

1 Like

yes, i will see how the project has to evolve . For instance, looking for someone interested in creating some map generator for upbge

1 Like

blueprintrandom? He is really skillfull at bge and creating procedural generating landscapes. Tho he has own long project Wrectified or something.

free to read and answer