Character for schoolproject

Ok, I’ve started with a project in school where I’m going to design a character, rig and animate it. I’m really new to character creation in 3d, so I’d like to know if this topology is ok for animation:

Also, here is the concept art for the character

Modelled the mushroom…

Ok, started modelling the body.
What do you think about this topology? Will it work?

Small update, didn’t want to bump the thread:

Cool character! Especially the hat. Can’t wait to see it textured.

I really like this character. You didn’t overdo him and he doesn’t look cliche’ in the least. I’d say widen the chest topology a tiny bit. But other than that, the topology is pretty good. I can’t wait to see how the full character turns out.

Really cool characters and topo I can only find one issue with - on the side of the pectoral muscle there is an n-pole adjacent to an e-pole. Any time you have this situation you can depole completely by selecting the Edge Ring between them with Ctrl+Alt+RMB then merge-collapse with Alt+m,l. In this case I think it is a good idea because the poles don’t seem to be acting in any shape-controlling way.

-rking

For some reason I really want eye lids, but perhaps that isn’t the look you’re going for.

Thanks for all the comments, complements and tips :smiley:

rking said:

on the side of the pectoral muscle there is an n-pole adjacent to an e-pole. Any time you have this situation you can depole completely by selecting the Edge Ring between them with Ctrl+Alt+RMB then merge-collapse with Alt+m,l. In this case I think it is a good idea because the poles don’t seem to be acting in any shape-controlling way.

I’m not really good with the names for all different vertices (or muscles, haha), it would be really kind of you to circle the area with the problem. Could you do that for me? :slight_smile:

NRK said:

For some reason I really want eye lids, but perhaps that isn’t the look you’re going for.

I did try eyelids, but it didn’t really work out, with his eyes being so… popped out…
I might do another attempt later, though :slight_smile: