We’re looking for a Blender artist to help convert a character rigged in Maya for UE4 to a form we can animate in Blender, also for use in UE4. Ideally, it would end up compatible with our existing rig, as we already have a store of animations for that rig, but if that’s not possible, it’s not a deal-breaker.
We will prioritise applicants based in Australia to simplify payment and communication, but we’re also happy to work with international artists.
To sum up the job:
- Converting a UE4-compatible character rigged in Maya for animation in Blender (FBX and Maya scene files available)
- The resulting rig must be compatible with UE4, but not necessarily with animations produced on the original rig
- We are open to (and will be appreciative of) improvements to the rig or skinning
- If necessary, we are happy for the character to be re-rigged from scratch, but maintaining compatibility with existing animations (with or without retargeting) is desirable
- Potential for future rigging and/or animation work
- Australian applicants given priority, but we’re also open to international applicants
If you would like more information or wish to apply, don’t hesitate to send me a message or post in this thread.
We hope to hear from you soon!