Character rig conversion/refactor from Maya to Blender for UE4

Hi everyone,

We’re looking for a Blender artist to help convert a character rigged in Maya for UE4 to a form we can animate in Blender, also for use in UE4. Ideally, it would end up compatible with our existing rig, as we already have a store of animations for that rig, but if that’s not possible, it’s not a deal-breaker.

We will prioritise applicants based in Australia to simplify payment and communication, but we’re also happy to work with international artists.

To sum up the job:

• Converting a UE4-compatible character rigged in Maya for animation in Blender (FBX and Maya scene files available)
  • The resulting rig must be compatible with UE4, but not necessarily with animations produced on the original rig
  • We are open to (and will be appreciative of) improvements to the rig or skinning
  • If necessary, we are happy for the character to be re-rigged from scratch, but maintaining compatibility with existing animations (with or without retargeting) is desirable
  • Potential for future rigging and/or animation work
  • Australian applicants given priority, but we’re also open to international applicants

If you would like more information or wish to apply, don’t hesitate to send me a message or post in this thread.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Best wishes,

Walter

I would be interested in working on this. You can check out my reel at www.pixelurge.com and feel free to message me any more info.

Hey I would love to help! You would need to export the mesh as an obj and the rig as a .mdd! I can do it!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.