Character Topology Critique

I’ve been working on these character base models, and I’m getting to a point where I’m not sure how to improve them.

Blend File: http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=51567

Overall, I’m aiming for simplicity and ease of use. I intend to derive other characters from these, so the fewer verts I have to mess with, the better. What you see in the image and the .blend file is about as high-poly as I want to go.

Does anyone have topology suggestions that would improve the deformations? I’m really happy with how the single-axis joints like the knees and elbows are working. The shoulders and hips aren’t perfect, but nothing else I’ve tried has given me better results. The inner thigh is especially problematic with the way it intersects when the leg is raised.

These models are intended for still renders, not animations, so any problem areas could be fixed on a case-by-case basis, but I’d rather avoid that if possible.

Although I’m mainly looking for feedback on the topology, I’m also open to critiques regarding form and proportions (keeping in mind that these are stylized and absolute realism is not the goal).

Thanks!

I’m not much into character modeling, but this looks like a really good and clean base mesh to me, and the edge flow looks like it is where it matters. But I’ll leave suggestions to the experts here.