Character: Witch - Update - Pg 14 - Sept. 29

OK, small update for today. Been very busy at work due to being off for a week. So lots of catch up there.

Added the rough in for the arms. They are still too male like, so I need to soften them up to be a little more feminine. I think I want some definition, but not too much. The only good reference I had for the arms was from Kos’ modelling tute. So that is why they look alittle too maleish right now.

I think the breasts look OK now. But if you all see anything that looks off, please feel free to comment.

*** IMAGE REMOVED ***

Hopefully I can get the full torso done tomorrow and then start on the dress/skirt and the cape. Then on to the little details.

Thanks again for all the positive comments so far. It is truly appreciated.

BgDM

breasts are great

Lookin’ good.

There I think the stomach area needs some work. It has a line running from under the breast along the full length of the stomach, though this could be just the lighting. Also, going into the wrists there is a mishapen/squarish part, but I’m sure you were going to round that out.

Good work, keep updating.

Bgdm:

It looks really good so far cant wait to see more with it the Head dress looks good i like the modeling on it. i cant put it into words what i want to stay about it because it looks really strange to me (but in a good way).

the torso looks like a great start but the abdomin looks alittle to flat and she needs a belly button. you might want to try modeling the pelvic crest and so some more bone and muscle deformations on the abdomin and hips. but it is an awesome start and i am sure you know what you are doing and i just wanted t o point out those things…

later dude

B_K

Whoa, man. Just stumbled across this one - looking very good so far, especially the hat/cloth/etc! subscribes to thread

looking good on the torso…i need to look at the ref pic again, but for some reason recall the nipples looking a little bigger in the ref pic, which seems kinda fitting…

looks good to me- going with a muscular arm and toning it down is probably a pretty safe bet- I had my roomate hold his arms out and pose for me. needless to say, the ‘davinci pose’ is pretty hard to keep for a real person :-?

Man, so many replies in such a short time.

Soulless: Another breast man, I see. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

MusicMan: Thanks. I need to tweak that area under the breast a bit. I know that line that you mention and it does need to be fixed. As for the wrist area, it will be fixed when hands come.

Big_Kahuna/lbzd210: Thanks man. As for the stomach area, if you reference the image I posted on the first page as reference, the abdomen area is pretty much covered with cloth and a decorative belly plate. So I am not too concerned with the detail on the torso. I will concentrate on the details required on the cloth and the plate.

broken: Thanks man. I appreciate it.

cvdG: You may be correct on the nipple size. I sort of like them this way, but I may, and can, increase the size if necessary.

slikdigit: LOL! If you keep asking your room mate to hold that pose, he ain’t gonna be your room mate for much longer. :smiley:

Thanks again all. You keep me motivated to press on here. More coming at you tomorrow.

BgDM

Good :slight_smile:

Now hard part ahead! Hands :slight_smile:

Stefano

Indeed. :o :-?

BgDM

I like the look of this. Especially that funky hat thing. That’s just weird. How long did it take you??

Proportion Check:

Just a test render to see if proportions look OK. I think it’s pretty good. Anything look off?

Now for some definition to the arms and then the hands.

The actual headress and stuff wasn’t too bad. Probably about 2 days, on and off. The hard part will be the hands for me. Will probably take me a week just for one of those.

BgDM

oooohhhh…thats fantastic looking

on first look, the proportions look good to me

hey dude i was too lazy to look at the reference image because i was really busy yesterday and wasnt paying that much attention looking for links. but now that i have nevermind about my comments from yesterday about the torso. looks great and sorry for not looking more closely. well i gtg now i got to go buy a wacom today.

Ohh,

Looks very proportionate, and arms are better too, in my opinion :slight_smile:

Stefano

BgDM

Very nice work, but I think the hands are little thinner compared to her body.
give use a side profile. may be meshy weshy.

Collar bone are not comming in view. BTW. And she need more mass at shoulders.

Keep the good work up, dude.

gaurav

If you look at the reference, the scarf area is longer than you have, and the mask is shorter, and the ‘hat’ part goes further down, almost to the level of her nipples.
Its also hard for me to pinpoint why, but it looks to me that your model has a short neck, or that whe is shrugging. Maybe the thing to do is to take both the sketch and the model, and ‘trace’ the outline of where the person would be underneath the clothes to get a sense of the proportions. Also note that he has an outline sketch of her left shoulder under the cape, you can use that for comparison.
Overall, great, I don’t think the prortions are perfect yet though.

cvdG: Thanks man.

Big_Kahuna: No problem man. You are not the first one to post the same stuff in this thread without checking the ref image. So no worries. :smiley:

S68: Thanks.

varaug: I can post a wire of the torso tomorrow from work. At home now, and it is on my work comp. As for the arms and the hands, I need to thicken them up a bitm yes. Proportions on the arms are still a bit off. The collar bone I am not worried about at all. It will be covered by the cape and the large medalion/pin on the fron of the cape. Just need the brasts and chest area and the arms to really look good on this one. he rest will pretty much be covered up. Thanks for the points.

slikdigit: I see your point on the scarf thing. But if you look again, as I stated above, there is a cape that will drape around and under/across the hat thing and should bring it more into perspective. The neck is actually OK. I modelled the neckj a bit into the head dress to make sure it was looking OK and in side profile it does look OK. It should look a little better once I add the cape. The shoulders definitely need some bulk added to them to round them out. I will do that first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the crit man.

BgDM

getting better!

yep. looking really nice.