Characters ..put into drawings

I write alot so to help that i also draw my charactaars
here arer 3 of them[ATTACH]79601[/ATTACH]:RocknRoll:
So if you have comments pleaseput them up
im loking for critiqe
no i do not have a tablet btw

I notice that the man in the middle’s neck and head pose is not very natural. The man on the left’s jaw seems a little bit too square.

its not supposed to be natural…he slouching…ok ill fix the jaw thanks koonts :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Klorine,
I think that you are a beginner and there is no problem about that because everyone is/was.
But you are a lazy beginner : you don’t take time to construct and polish your characters, you hide hard part of the drawings (hands hidden?) and proportions are not good at all.
If you think about art as a serious thing, you should put more time and work into it and you will be on the good way.

And if you want to play with proportions, you should first learn how to draw characters from academic resources. Learning the easy way (online manga tutorials) is not good.
There is no shorcut in the art of mastering how to draw. Just hard work and no laziness.

good luck!

I first learned drawing from manga tutorials. I think it is a fine way to start. It help me build confidence. I’d recommend being open minded though and learning from other resources as well - even if you stay with a manga style. Learn from fine artist, graffiti artist, any style you can. Also learn what you don’t like and find good reasons why. I’ve had people in my art classes that want to do comics and was annoyed when they’d have to go to museums.

And if you want to play with proportions, you should first learn how to draw characters from academic resources. Learning the easy way (online manga tutorials) is not good.

No offense but I think that’s a pretty crap piece of advice. He said that the purpose of the above drawing is a visual depiction of his written characters. Nobody said it was being judged as scientific anatomical study of the year. I do agree with you in saying that the only way to get good at drawing is through practice, but if you learn to draw using correct human proportions (like I did) then drawing manga is by no means the easy way, I can’t draw it, it always ends up looking wrong :confused:

Everybody learns differently and prefers to draw in their own style.

Excuse me but ive been drawing for 3 years…that qualifies me as a beginner, but i find it difficult to draw hands with a mouse that looks like [ATTACH]79943[/ATTACH] you see :mad:
I am not a lazy artist,it may appear as such when my art is displayed as digital work.
I used to use manga tutorials but i never took a real class…my work is generally turned down during the …auditions? for the classes, for being altogether to messy and dark.:mad:

heres another one comments ?

http://blfg.org/fohrd/gilm.com

heres another one comments ?

http://blfg.org/fohrd/gilm.com

You had to audition to get into a drawing class…? Isn’t that kinda contradictory of why you take a class :confused:

At any rate I also find it really hard to draw with a mouse, especially parts like hands and eyes.

Your two links give me an error. Why not just attach here like you have been doing?

Oops sorry for thedouble post:o
here it is…just a practice with expressions[ATTACH]80010[/ATTACH]

Why don’t you use traditional media?

Using a mouse to draw is bad for your hands.

Bleh, a mouse, best for you to draw on paper and take a picture of it. But if you draw even with such a, er mouse (why man, why is it so small!) you can use a line tool to create a boxed outline and draw in it so it is easier to draw hands as a base rectangle and more rectangles for each finger. And what the frick did you draw that prevented you from entering the art classes? Typical no goes would be explict material, violence, gore, basically anything a 6 year old wouldn’t need to ask their parent about.

i draw on paper much much much mcuh more but my webcam is so bad quality the pics are like so blurry you cant see a thing but noise
any comments on the actual picture :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

linuxpimp21
(Edit :sorry for the mistake)

Dakka Dakka

He said that the purpose of the above drawing is a visual depiction of his written characters. Nobody said it was being judged as scientific anatomical study of the year.

=> From Klorine : “So if you have comments pleaseput them up
im loking for critiqe

drawing manga is by no means the easy way, I can’t draw it, it always ends up looking wrong :confused:
That’s not what I meant. I meant that learning “how to draw manga” is a shortcut, because proportions and shapes used by mangaka are already their own interpretation of the world.
There was nothing against artists drawing manga at all. Anyway, there is not a one and only “manga style”.
The same advices would apply to “how to draw cartoon” or “how to learn animation”.
By learning academics skills first (real life studies, ie), an artist is then able to use and create the tools to express his own vision of the world.
So I still think that my advice was not a “pretty crap piece of advice”. Can I?

Klorine

No offense, but you are asking for critiques and then finding excuses.

Is that an acceptable critique if I’m telling you to work more and use the right tools before asking for critiques?
Sorry, but there is nothing here to say. Nothing good, nothing bad (because you’ll find some excuses)… just “…”.

If you are looking for critiques, you should show something that you’ve put work on.
good luck.

@Cray: I wasn’t the one who said that quote. It was Dakka Dakka.

Im gonna go ahead and kill this thread good bye