Check out this CG short!

I was browsing the net the other day when I came across a great website:

www.hackermovies.com

The site is in German and so are its movies. But most of them don’t really need speaking anyway.

Especially Treibgut.

Treibgut is a 3 Minute film made by an award winning artist. Everything except the people, in this film are CG! Including the tree in the opening scene!

Grab it here:

http://www.firehouse-studio.de/hackermovies/treibgut.wmv

Has anyone actually watched it yet? :frowning:

Well the credits go for two minutes, and so does the rest of the movie.

I thought it was pretty week, not that great. The effects were good of course, but just weren’t “special”.

It’s cool that it was all CG, but it made no sense at all. An old lady with a goofy hat watering a big 'ol pink tree, then a moderately hot chick forces her to stand on her weak arthritic knees. Suddenly, all the buildings move and the moderately hot chick ditches the old lady to joyfully hop from rooftop to rooftop. They then grab each other’s hand and the old lady runs away or something.

I mean, I can’t even find any metaphorical meaning in this clip. Has somebody else?

Also, what does “treibgut” mean in German?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I ran it through google and it came out as: Driving well

It had to do with the city taking over a small piece of “paradise”. And yes, that chick was pretty cute. :wink:

Yeah apparently treibgut means driving goods or something. :-?

Anyway, I thought it had something to do with the old lady passing away. And that is why she gave the “moderately hot chick” the flower cause thats what they do in some countries.

But yeah, story was very weird. Just thought I’d share it due to its special effects. :wink:

Is there anyone German on these forums that could tell us the true meaning of treibgut?

Talked to a German friend. He says “somethin that swims down the river without control.” as in Flotsam/jetsam, stuff you can find on the beach.

Talked to a German friend. He says “somethin that swims down the river without control.” as in Flotsam/jetsam, stuff you can find on the beach.

correct :slight_smile:

Whoa!