Checking for unweighted verts 2.57b

Hi guys, I had a script in 49 that did it, I’m at a loss how to do it in 2.5. Am I dumb? Is it in there already?
Cheers,
Alex

I don’t know what exactly did this script but if you have an unweighted vertex, you can move the root bone of your armature and you’ll see this vertex staying in place.

I thought so as well, until I tried to put the exported .fbx files into XNA, where it gives you a warning that you have verts with no weights associated with it. Sure enough I can move the armature around and the verts move with it, but if I open it in 49 and run that script, it finds a bunch of hidden verts with no weight. Don’t understand myself why, it must have something to do with complex parenting chains or something.
Cheers,
Alex

sounds like you have some doubled verts, in 2.5 press T to bring up the tool menu, go into edit mode press a to select all then choose remove doubles from the tool menu,

Nope, not that either. I deleted doubles as I modelled and a subsequent check shows no redundant verts. To explain further, its a complex transforming mesh with lots of cables, pistons, doodads, dingle arms and such. So, some verts are hidden inside a mesh of moving parts, behind cables, etc. I’m trying to keep it all one mesh as its an object for XNA, but that makes weight painting a pain. So, no one knows of an add on somewhere that functions like 2.49b script to check for verts with no group associated?
Cheers,
Alex