Cheek Creases...Not Cuts...

Howdy…

Just a quick question really - I’m currently modelling a head - and after I’ve got the basic outline, I’ve started to add some small details - I haven’t started sculpting yet, that will be in a while after the basic setup is done (including lips, eyelids, etc)

I started to model some cheek creases, but for some reason they come out like “slits” in the model, they don’t seem to have the depth or softness I was after. I’ve included some pictures below so you can see what I mean. Is there a good way to get them without going into sculpting? I have basically created two more edge loops, and moved the centre (original) edge loop inside the model slightly - maybe I should just move the outer edge loops outwards from the centre loop - that aids softness, but it still looks a bit like a cut…Help!

Attachments

If it isn’t too difficult, try another copy of your mesh with the added loops deleted and just push the shape in by moving the verts in at the area you want the creas, then pull out verts over the area you need the cheek to raise from. If you are going to sculpt this anyway, you might just try getting it there instead of trying to model it right away - you can then later retopologize and bake the details depending on how many wrinkles you need.

Hmm, that sounds like a plan. I’ll give it a shot later. Thanks :smiley: