Cherry Dream

Hey!
Usually I create rather dark dystopian stuff so this was really soothing to work on. I really like the soft, light and dreamy feeling I get from looking at pictures with these pink cherry trees and I wanted to make a scene with them for a long time.

Then CGBoost’s latest “treehouse” challenge came out and that was a great opportunity as I really wanted to make a nature scene and also wanted to participate in the next challenge.

Initially I wanted to make it a dark stormy scene in the middle of a thunderstorm but after some lookdev tests I liked this style a lot more :smiley: I hope you do so, too! Let me know what you think about this :slight_smile:

I rendered with Eevee and additionally used Photoshop for some post-work. I also used simulations and animations as I want to also release a short animation of this scene :slight_smile:

34 Likes

Looks beautiful! I especially enjoy the composition, color pallete, and subject matter. The motion blur/dof on the falling leaves is a nice touch as well :ok_hand:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Hmmm… looks kinda eerie in my eye. I mean, looks kinda between dark and pinky??, and even if means to be dreamy, still feels like there’s something fishy is going on here, mostly because of the visible tree roots feels out of place and the dark and washed tone in general here.

Still a great piece, tho. :smiley:

1 Like

This is an eye candy :purple_heart: Great job!

2 Likes