ChessBoard (final?)

(hannibar) #1

This is the final? version of my chessboard.

http://users.pandora.be/willem.packet1/chess2.html

Ofcourse comments and suggestions are welcome.

-Hans-

(fullback) #2

Looks like you got the caustics to work OK. The coaster is a nice addition as well. You don’t want those ugly rings ruining the finish on your table, believe me.

Maybe a little more light to show the detail on the black pieces. Other than that, looks great. :slight_smile:

(S68) #3

Much better! where was the trick for getting rid of the black spot? not placing a credit card under the glass I hope :slight_smile:

Stefano

(stephen2002) #4

It looks better than before, but it still seems a bit dim over all. Depending on what you want to do with it, it looks finished to me.

(Goofster) #5

hmmm, the reflections seam a bit wrong too me. I think it’s because of the reflecting wooden table. seams a bit too much

(hannibar) #6

I removed the black spot by

1. Removing the downside of the glass
  2. Shooting 7.500.000 photons instead of 300.000
  3. Placing a coaster under the glass

I’ll play a little more with the lighting and the reflections.

(S68) #7

Gulp!

7.500.000 photons!!!

This may explayn my ‘visible’ triangles… maybe too few photons … mmm…
let’s render overnight :slight_smile:

Stefano

(hannibar) #8

Oh, it took only 7.5 hours to render :stuck_out_tongue:

(djfuego) #9

Did blender really render that? :o

Damn good job if it did can I see the blend file?

(hannibar) #10

NoNo, this is a Lightflow render, the modelling is done in blender though.

(fullback) #11

hannibar–

Jacking up the photons worked for you too! Great! I thought it was only my system, which, “doesn’t seem to work and play well with others”.

Great pic :smiley:

(snailrose) #12

dam dude good chess board…you should make a chess game…(is that even possible)…i know nothing about the game making characteristics in blender…

good work
chuck

(suicidal) #13

:smiley: im a big chess fan and just to let you know the white square goes in the right hand corner. Its bugging me. PLEASE ROTATE BOARD.

(S68) #14

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: BINGO :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“hannibar”]

Oh, it took only 7.5 hours to render :P[/quote]

With 3.000.000 photons and 6.5h of nighttime rendering I got a Muchmuchmuch better image!

Will post here as soon as I can upload it on my site

Thanx for tip

Stefano

(hannibar) #15

With 3.000.000 photons and 6.5h of nighttime rendering I got a Muchmuchmuch better image!

Will post here as soon as I can upload it on my site

Thanx for tip

no problem :slight_smile:

(steve343) #16

exelent pic it looks a bit dull anly because of the camara angle i think mabey u should use depth of feild blur or even give it a bit of life by having the game of chess half way through .

but agian amazing pic kudos 8)