Chibi Boy And Girl Character [WIP]

Hi Guys,

I’ve been working on and off for a while now on this chibi boy character. Just wanted to post this up and see what you guys think and hopefully get some feedback to improve the model. I’m currently stuck on the eye they look very bug eyed and I’m not sure how to fix it. I have deleted the eye socket several times and started from scratch but always end up with a similar bug eyed look.

I’ve also started working on girl character as part of the same project she is at a much earlier stage of development and I will most likely start the body over again. Just wanted to put her up to let you guys see what direction the project is headed in.

Thanks
Naj

Attachments

not bad keep working on it:yes:.

Hey, it’s looking good. My only thoughts on the eyes would be to make the eyeball (sphere) bigger so that it seems flatter at the iris. Hope that makes sense.

I really like the start of this, The only thing that bothers me so far is the texture and fit of the clothes. I am sure they are just just temp. I am really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Keep up the good work!

I’ll comment on the first one. The “boy” is really cool, you have nailed the proportions expertly. The materials for clothing are rather nice, although you may wish to lower the “shine” on this. And the bright and “ready to roll” expression on the facial is a big drawcard.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback much appreciated. I have uploaded 2 more renders as per Scdelf’s recommendation i have been playing about with the size of the eye ball and redone the eye socked it has reduced the buggy look but now the face looks very stressed. I’m going to try and bring the eyes down a little lower. The Other thing that will be reworked is the hair looks great in the previous shoots i added but don’t look to cool from other angles.

With regards to the clothes as Koots2 pointed out these are indeed temps. The clothes at this stage have only been blocked out with simple materials applied to them. My next task is going to be to finish the shoes, add stitching seams and folds to the clothing as well as change the pants into combats with large pockets.

Regards
Naj

Attachments

Hi Guys,

A minor modification i did in the minuets since my last post was to add thin anime drawing type eyelashes. Amazing how such a small change can have such significant results.

On to the rest of the body

Naj

Attachments

Hi Guys,

I’ve been working on the look of the shoes i think I’m almost there not to sure about the shape i may just put a lattice on it and adjust it to look a little more cartoony

Naj

Attachments

Hi Guys,

Another update I’ve been working on the t-shirt added stitching seams and collar. Also added some folds in the cloth and some basic work with materials. Please let me know what you think any and all suggestions are welcome.

Naj

Attachments

Hi Guys,

As stated in an earlier post the hair looks great from the angle i have been rendering this from but look crappy from other angles. I’ve been testing with particle hair on this character let me know what you guys think

Naj

Attachments

Hi Guys

Another update. Done the pants and working on the hair. Can someone please give me some advice on the hair. Of the above renders the ones with the spiky hair are both the same one using strand renderer and the other without it. It to my machine 1 min to render using the strand renderer and 40 min without. Obviously if im going to animate this i have to use strand rendering. But it looks crap any one know how to improve the material to look good with strand render.#

Naj

Attachments

very nice style i like it alot.the hair on the top right looks the best to me