I’ve been trying to animate a Mixamo Rig of a soldier for a FPS and I’ve been following these tutorials:
What the guy does is:
- creates a bone in the soldier’s armature for the gun (named Weapon)
- Create a bone in the armature for the magazine (named Magazine)
- Create two vertex groups for the gun and model called Weapon and Magazine, and then add the appropriate vertices to each group
- Add a armature modifier to the gun model (the vertices are mapped/skinned to the Magazine and Weapon bones)
- Make the Weapon bone the parent of the Magazine bone using a Child of Constraint.
- Then he makes the Weapon bone the parent of a hand bone in the soldier armature using a Child of Constraint.
The thing is that when I do that, I can get the magazine to move with the gun if I move the gun using the Weapon bone. However the Child of Constraint does nothing when I make the hand bone the child of the weapon bone using a Child Of Constraint. What is meant to happen is that if I move the Weapon bone the hand bone moves to. Once I’ve got that working I can move the rig so that the soldier is holding the gun and when I move the gun the soldier keeps holding it.
This has been driving me mad. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to give it a look.