Christ Carrying The Cross

Christ Carrying The Cross
Based on a painting by el greco a mannerist painter
Sculpted in Zbrush textured In Blender and Substance Painter hairs and rendering are done in Blender and final composition done in Photoshop

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XnVNda

126 Likes

Hi…do you still have this module…like to put it in my game i’m making

Nope its not suited for games and realtime stuff

1 Like

WonderfulL…!

1 Like

Good quality overall, even though he seems surprisingly strong physically in spite of the intense beating he received on order of Pilate.

According to scripture, Christ was weak enough that he needed one of his disciples to help him carry the thing. He was beaten to where he was close to death, but this depiction is actually what you commonly see in passion plays.

Thanks for the comment and the info :metal::metal: but the only reason i did this portrait was the painting not the christ himself and the historical accuracy seemed somewhat unimportant to the painter who have lived in 16th century(if i remember correctly).
Thanks again.

Very nicely done. I looked up the original painting and your renders are very, very faithful to it. However, I really like what you did in capturing His expression – which of course is everything in this painting. You didn’t do it quite like El Greco did it … no, you did something else, and what you did is yours. And it is Very Good.

The “rugged wood,” the excellent cloth, and the amazing attention to detail make this a truly stunning presentation. And yet – I still come right back to: "His face." Which is your work.

1 Like

Great texture

1 Like

Thanks for your comment that really made my day :metal::metal:

What a stunning piece of art. When looking at the whole render it looks like a classic painting, the way the clothes fold, the lighting, background, etc. On closer inspection you have all these realistic, lively details, especially the texture of the wood, clothes, skin, etc. I would encourage you getting a “life-size” print of this (if you don’t plan this already).

2 Likes

thanks
sure im gonna do it

why not…if i may ask

the model is highpoly and the hairs are not made using hair cards so its not suited for games.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Great work! looks amazing!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Great job sarcasm, your art reminded me of an actual professional renaissance painting. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

1 Like

Wow astonishing how much it resembles the original art!!! So beautifully and well done

2 Likes

1 Like