Christmas GuitarHero/Rockband

Hi all, I recently began working on a guitarhero/rockband like game, but with christmas songs!
I’ll post screenshots and junk here to let you (the community) in on the progress.

The one thing I’m having difficulties with is songs.
What song should be in the game? So far, I’ve got “Holly Jolly Christmas”… and that’s it. :frowning:
Post some song ideas down below please, it’ll help me greatly knowing what the community likes!
Thanks!
-RandomPickle97

You’re making a Christmas game and you haven’t even thought about adding Jingle Bells!? Shame! :wink:

And good luck with this project of yours. I will look forward to some updates.

lol No I didn’t even think of it, I was thinking of Jingle Bell Rock though!
But you’re right, shame on me :frowning:
Thanks for the help!

Here’s a screenshot, of course no art/image/animation is in the top half of the screen, but that is because I haven’t arrived there yet, I am doing the notes of the songs first! :smiley:

Cool idea. Yes focus on the notes! I’ve found the top video half in GH and RB gives people new to the series the wrong idea Its all about the chart highway, its not about watching CG characters dance and awkwardly rock out to songs we’ve known for years. A Xmas-style visualizer would be better, and probably less work.

I was thinking of crudely modeling Santa and just have him stand there, but the image would be less work! Thanks!
ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS/IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
THANK YOU!

make santa dance! Woot woot! go santa, go santa!

By the looks of the image it looks like you took some inspiration from ‘Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 1-3’ (If you don’t know what it is, google it and enjoy!) :slight_smile:
But yah, I agree with [sic]dREAD. Focus on the notes and the actual mechanics before you even consider having straight up wicked animations in the background. If it’s a good game it won’t even need an animated sequence in the background :wink:

@kendrick1397: lol your comment make me laugh!

@sheldin: It must be just a coincidence, I don’t know that game… I’ll look it up though, and thanks! :smiley:

Update: This is taking way too long :frowning:
I am near the end of the first song, I have to play through the entire thing to test the ending, there are a load of notes that shouldn’t be where they are, but I can’t seem to find them when the song is over.

For those who wish to play, I posted the game, but be warned the song is not yet complete, I would like feedback on it though. The song featured is “Holly Jolly Christmas” or something like that :slight_smile:

By the way: IF ANY MODERATORS SEE THIS, WHAT IS THE MAX. UPLOAD SIZE, THE GAME WITHOUT THE ZIP IS 2.47MB AND IT COULDN’T BE UPLOADED!?!

Attachments

Game.zip (1.61 MB)

The hits feel right.

Add a small jingle sound for each key. Sound plays even when the notes aren’t coming. So player can add their own jingle jangle at the start.
Add a little confirm flash when you hit the correct note.
Add a negative sound if you miss note.