Christmas Heart

Looks like a painting. Beautiful work! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on 1st prize :slight_smile: Very well deserved!

Amazing detail and atmosphere! Being a fan of Dickens and Poe, I like it a lot!

for me, only two things are a bit strange.
The lighting in the fireplace room, looks a bit odd, with warm light coming from the window, when that light should still be cold. And the fireplace looks that is not the source of the warm light… I think this scene could really benefit even more with a more interessant light setup.
The other point, and perhaps the ‘uncanny valley’ of the character, is only the absence of any hair near the ears… I would expect a male character in this enviroment to have somekind of sideburns at least.

Everything else, modeling, materials, the paintings and books… The Table!! All that dust and spider webs… well, Fantastic!!!

I will simply give up!

Fantastic rendered illustration!

You bring honor to the blender community,

Many many thanks for this amazing artwork.
5 stars

Congratulations, very impressive modeling and atmosphere. How did you do the spiderwebs?

This is well-done. You could’ve made it a bit more dimensional by telling more of a story with the items in the house - pictures on the wall containing stories of life gone by, maybe a few personal items indicating at the man’s occupation or interests too.

Very good job indeed. Only crit would be the fire which should be contained within the fireplace instead of flying in front of it (especially small sparks at the top).

It is really good work. I have a question, why didn’t you choose GIMP over Photoshop?

Epic! Amazing! :o

Very nice excecution, can i see the raw render, i beleive youve painted over quite a lot in PS correct?

Thank you all, I’m glad yopu liked it! I put so much time in this project…

@GPS14 Thanks man! I made the spider webs inspired in one tutorial Gleb Alexandrov made, you could chek it is awesome http://www.creativeshrimp.com/how-to-make-a-spider-web-in-blender.html

Thanks! I didn’t painted anything but the fire indeed and is a photo, the scene has more than 4 million vertex, I made transparent some parts of the character in photoshop so it looked like a ghost, I enhanced warm light a bit, I hope I could paint like this haha

Attachments

amzing! congrats

Ow okay, i saw a part of the scene and didnt see all the spider webs etc and coloring. So i presumed the raw render was just the plain room and all the rest is matt painted

Amazing work! Congrats on the well-deserved win! When I first saw the image on BlenderGuru, I thought of “A Christmas Carol”. Then when I saw all those cobwebs, I thought of “Great Expectations”. Needless to say, you did a very stellar job of pulling off the feeling in Charles Dickens’ works. (And now that you mention it, it does feel like Edgar Allen Poe, too!)

• Jeremiah

Great work, looks like a painting, love it!

The webs are very well made, reminds me of a tutorial of Gleb Alexandrov which, if I’m not mistaken, used planes with the transparent web textures, scaled, rotated and deformed by lattices to achieve the different positions… was this effect achieved similarly, or is it post processing?

@Brinca thanks! :slight_smile: yeah, i made the spider webs with transparent planes, but it is only one big plane covering most of the area with a tileable spider web texture i made, i modeled a mesh like a cave inside the interior so it covers everything, that tutorial by gleb is awesome, i got inspiration from that to do my own method

It is a great image, very artistic. I like a lot how the christmas tree looks, I don’t know but somehow (perhaps due to composition) makes me feel I want to watch the window. Well done Daniel.

Wow! This is so good on so many levels!
My eye just stops at each element of the scene to spend time with it, then gets interested in another part and wanders over there…
I think what I want to say, if I am using this cinematography term correctly, is that the blocking of the shot is really well done.
The placement of the hole in the floor has an interesting effect too - it forbids the viewer from going into this little dream world, and it becomes somewhat inaccessible. We can’t easily cross over into it. Like everything on our side of the hole could represent the conscious mind, and everything on the opposite side the subconscious.

I want to set this as my computer’s desktop background. Is it possible I can talk you into posting a render that is at least 2560x1440? :slight_smile:

I like the color combinations in this one as they are balanced.