Christmas Villiage

I love everything but the camera angle. There seems to be too much road for my taste.

OK, here are the results of my one day sprint!:

EDIT: Shoot, looks like I forgot to render the layer with the trees :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, those are some good suggestions. Some things on my list are:
-Change perspective
-Add more snowflakes
-Add more decorations and things in shop windows.
-Fix little black dots in the snow if possible, but could be taken out in Gimp.

A few additions, plus a much better perspective. Sorry it’s so grainy, but I have no time to render clearer.

I think its too empty(no people, empty street)…but i dont think at this point you can solve that problem…but then hey maybe you can…

Ya, I totally agree. I have no time to add people, so my only hope is to cram it with Christmas decorations :slight_smile:

it looks really nice, though it seems to lack some sort of focus or main point…

Hi Jonathan!

I like your work and the way you improve your scene, so I just wanna give my opinion:

• Do some more light sources, e.g. light cahins across the street
  • The lights would be more dominant if it was night
  • Maybe you could model a person that’s looking out of its window in the first floor
  • Illuminate the windows

Cheers, Max

Thanks! I’m rendering my final right now. It has a number of improvements, including a focus (lighted banner saying Merry Christmas), more light sources, illuminated windows, and more details.

I think it will turn out quite well, but probably not as well as Nita’s :(. I can always pretend to have hope though :wink:

Ha ha me too Jonathan:P

This took a long time to render, didn’t turn out as good as I hoped, and I’m waaay past the deadline.
Oh well, I guess I still learned from it.
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7813/christmasvilliage.png

Aw, now this would have been a nice one to have in the competition!

I agree, the final result is stunning.
The details are incredible and you made all these in such a short time.
But I think you added too much glare and vignette on this. I do this all the time and because of that, before connecting the image to the final node, I add a mix node to combine the initial image with the image with effects added to have a better control on how much effect I add. I`m not sure if you understand what I mean.
But ones again, really great job. :slight_smile:
Cheers.

I like it very much, and I would hope that you use it for something now that you are this far along - maybe publish it to someone who makes cards for holidays, I’m sure it is as good as some of the images I’ve seen on cards over the years! Very good job!

Thanks for the encouragement! Alin, I agree it is a bit over the top, but oh well. Craig, that is a great idea! Do you know where I should go to try that?

I would take a look at http://fineartamerica.com/ since some of their work is sold to those needing custom work

maybe publish it to someone who makes cards for holidays

I definitely agree with Craig - if you can’t enter the competition anymore, at least print this out on card or T-shirts even. Great job!

Excellent work! You captured the cozy street shops nicely. Thanks for sharing your iterations.

I liked the mannequins and lighting in the store window in post #12 best.