chromoly ruler

Absolutely awesome.

This versiion seems to work. If it is not too much trouble and would not break the script as is, consider putting the Cursor On/Off buttons back in. they were convenient i getting the crosshairs out of the way if you did not want them at a particular time.

I can put them back straight away but are they really needed: they dont work in Ctrl-Shift-R mode (maybe they did in old version?) so whats the use of only having rulers on the sides of the screen without readout and crosshairs. You can just temporarily switch off the ruler by pressing the Disable button (and turn it back on with Enable).
If you reallyreally want cursor control back Ill put it in as a key shortcut : Shift-C anyone?

The cursor cross hairs just make more screen clutter at times. It would be nice if you coule temporarly turn the on and off but keep the ruler on the side. If you press the enable button right now the rulers and the cursor cross hairs turn off.

So, with the object.ray_cast() function, would it be pretty easy to have it display the distance between the 3dcursor (or other predefined point) and the projection of the mouse onto the the surface of the active object? Or perhaps the thickness? I’ve just started perusing the script so this may be already in the works. If there are any small tasks anyone could help with let me know. Looks great.

it seems that the snapping works very wacky, practically snapping doesn’t work :frowning:

Yes I know, Ill be working on it.

OK people new version, two changes:

1. cursor on standard view can now be turned on/off with “C” hotkey

2. snapping now works, but only 3D snapping at the moment…

thank you so much, palejed!!!
but 2D snapping is a MUST!

OK didnt see straight away how easy this really was:

• now 2D snapping works too

question: as I implemented it 2D now always works in the plane parallel with the viewing plane going through (0, 0, 0)

I dont know how this was in the original?

Keep on testing people, soon will be full update release in “Released Scripts” forum section…

u a genius palejed, i’m gonna test it later. hope it works okay!
but thanks for making my day better!

One more remark: the 2D spacetype does not work… How did this function in the old version, I suppose measurements stay in same screen position when transforming view? Not sure… Is this an important feature or expendable ? Dont know if I can do it (but then I thought the same about snapping…

reminder : DOWNLOAD

You do realize that the C key conflictes with the circular selecton hot key?

SHABA1: “C” in standard display mode will toggle cursor, “C” in Ctrl-Shift-R mode will toggle circle…

NEW VERSION: both spacetypes, 2D and 3D now work… DOWNLOAD

Ok some simple questions.

#1 what is the “Ctrl-Shift-R” Mode and what does it do?
#2 What is “2D snapping” and how does it differ from "3d snapping:?
#3 What is the “2D spacetype”?

I am sure I will have more questions as I read backward thru this thread and start using the script in depth.