Cinder

this may become something big.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6634/mainsapatinho2.jpg

Blender + Povray 3.7

Looking very good. I look forward to seeing this with a background.

Looks fine. Nice material.

Any special reason you used PovRay for rendering?

Thanks, guys.

Two:

1. I’ve known it inside and out for many years prior of getting into Blender
  2. for this project I need a blazing fast raytracer (povray 3.7 is such a beast) and Blender Internal simply is not up to the task (not tested Jaguarandi new core though) and unbiased renderers are out of luck with that. Photorealism not a priority as I plan to give it a cartoony look but still good-looking glass and reflections… :slight_smile:

I’ve exported with Povanim and configured the materials with a text editor.

Hopefully, I’ll now work on the immediate surroundings before any further slipper tweaking.

Oh, very nice :smiley:
Just wondering since when Cinderella has three feet… j/k

hmm, you’re starting to give me ideas… :stuck_out_tongue:

not really, you surely know the point was to showcase it from various angles… :wink:

Very nicely done, and i always have such problem to make shoes/feet. \o/

But the material looks more like a polymer.

povray + photons caustics and refractive color dispersion (“rainbow”)…

I was supposed to begin the ladders, but someone showed me this:

and I felt like emulating it. Recreated from scratch, using the experience with the previous model to avoid a few pitfalls. Failed to capture the subtleties of the rough glass material and bumps, but in my opinion, perfect smooth glass looks much better anyway… :slight_smile:

And let’s admit, glass slippers are a tremendous must to showcase a raytracer. It’s refractive and reflective, got deliciously curvy surface and it’s not as hard to create as, say, a car… :slight_smile:

48 minutes on a Q6600, most of it spent on the front, which folds upon itself and receives all those caustics and refractive dispersion…