Cinemascope Aspect Ratio Guides?

Hey,

is there anyway to specify custom aspect ratio guidelines within my camera output resolution?

Why this might be useful? I record in 16:9 and the final will be 2.35:1 but for VFX shots I obviously want to track it in 16:9 to get more data. I then want to put my vfx elements in the shot and render everything out separately so I can composite it back together in Fusion. So the cropping happens just in Fusion, until then I’d like to maintain 16:9 aspect ratio for outputs so I could slightly reframe the shots.

Unfortunately I didn’t find an option in Blender that gives me 2,35:1 guides in my 16:9 camera, am I missing something? Is there a way to import/create custom guides? Or does an addon exist for this?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I just found a workaround :smiley: In the Camera tab I activated safe areas and set everything to 0 except for on of the Y-margins (doesn’t matter which one). I set that one to 0.24 (1 - (820px / 1080px) ≈ 0.24).

If someone knoes a more elegant version, I’d be happy to hear about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @eaNiiX,

Based on this cheat sheet 2.35 for 2K is 870px, and 2.35 for 1080p is 816px, just curious why using 820px?