Circular array mirror

I have circular array made of blue object. When I copy and mirror it on the X axis I get red ones but half of them is not mirrored. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? The way circular array work in blender is weird and totally unintuitive for me.

These are the steps I do for this…
Add Circle Curve obj…move in X-axis ( optional ) …add a Mirror Modifier in the x-axis…use an empty at origin as the mirror object…

Add your object for the array ( added a Plane and set up for curve this way…

I get red also but that is because I have Face orientation turned on by default…
turned off it looks like this…

and they are exact copies without any offsets between them…

1 Like

Thanks for answer. It’s great but you have used another modifier (curve) to do this.
I have used Object Offset in the array modifier alone and get circular array by rotating Empty.
What point it has when you cant do this with already available option in array modifier and you have to use another modifier? For example 3dmax has one window in which you can do any kind of array pattern you want without creating any helper objects just by setting pivot point. I don’t get why in Blender this simple thing is so complicated that I need to even think how applying loc/rot/scale will affect array modifier.

Yeah…I find it is a pain at times also…
You can reduce the steps I did BUT when you make a copy of the original you have to select all objects! Looking at your …it seems that the second array is still using the original empty to form but it is a bit hard to tell in the image. In my example, By using the mirror on the original curve I have a non-destructive control over the distance between them… By duplicating the array you now have 2 copies of the array and have to control each…but it does reduce the steps involved…

If you want to delve into it a bit more I would suggest you go through this tutorial and it will make a world of difference…